Search found 6 matches

by ricktodd2
08 Sep 2005, 02:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help finding my great grandfather...
Replies: 8
Views: 6669

Re: Help finding my great grandfather...

Great idea! I actually was at the Norwalk office a few months ago to look up property records. I can't believe I didn't think of this. I'm actually living in England now, but I will have a relative of mine look it up for me. Thanks for the advice!
by ricktodd2
07 Sep 2005, 17:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help finding my great grandfather...
Replies: 8
Views: 6669

Re: Help finding my great grandfather...

That's the problem, I don't know his first name. I also don't know when he was born, but I believe it probably was between 1880-1895. I'm sorry I can't help you with more information, but that is honestly all I know until I get my grandfather's birth certificate from the state of California. I'm ...
by ricktodd2
07 Sep 2005, 14:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help finding my great grandfather...
Replies: 8
Views: 6669

Re: Help finding my great grandfather...

Thank you for the help so far. I already have discovered this information, my main question is just information on the great grandfather, Juana's husband who I haven't been able to find any information on. I do not know his first name, only his last. The children's information I already have ...
by ricktodd2
07 Sep 2005, 05:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help finding my great grandfather...
Replies: 8
Views: 6669

Help finding my great grandfather...

I am wondering if anyone has access to the 1920 census, specifically for Los Angeles County. My great grandfather I believe was Italian and married a Mexican woman by the name of Juana Uribe. His last name was Espinosa. He had 3 children with here, Jesus, Sabina, and Marcelino. I am awaiting my ...
by ricktodd2
12 Aug 2005, 00:58
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Dealing with Homeland Security...
Replies: 3
Views: 4076

Dealing with Homeland Security...

In order for me to get Italian citizenship, I have to prove that my great grandfather never naturalized, or naturalized after his son (my grandfather) was born. In order to do this I have to go to Homeland Security (formerly INS) and get a certificate that says he was never naturalized. I have heard ...
by ricktodd2
02 Aug 2005, 01:17
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Too far back?
Replies: 2
Views: 4465

Too far back?

My grandfather on my mother's side is full italian. So is his father, and his grandfather. So my great great grandfather was born in Italy, but the rest after him were born in America. If I can get all of their birth certificates (probably impossible), can I get Italian citizenship? Or is that just ...