Despite the fact that everyone who might know anything is dead or intensely senile, I did a little research and got some things, but don't know what to do next.
My great-grandfather's name in America was Charlie Windland (which is what the steward gave him when someone translated his last name as ...
Search found 2 matches
- 08 Aug 2005, 00:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help!!
- Replies: 30
- Views: 23946
- 07 Aug 2005, 10:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help!!
- Replies: 30
- Views: 23946
Need help!!
Hi guys. I just joined the forum today.
I really need help solving this little family mystery. You see, my father's family - on both sides - immigrated to America through Ellis Island. They all came over speaking only Italian, as well as illiterate. Someone translated my great-grandfather's ...
I really need help solving this little family mystery. You see, my father's family - on both sides - immigrated to America through Ellis Island. They all came over speaking only Italian, as well as illiterate. Someone translated my great-grandfather's ...