Search found 75 matches
- 19 Jul 2012, 17:39
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation Please
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3003
Re: Translation Please
Excellent - thank you so much for the help!
- 18 Jul 2012, 08:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation Please
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3003
Re: Translation Please
On second thought ... could it be sottoscritto? Same as undersigned, yes?
- 18 Jul 2012, 08:35
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation Please
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3003
Re: Translation Please
Thank you Tommaso and Giuseppe. I'm pretty sure the first letter is an "s" ... looks to me like maybe "sosc.o", but I don't know what that term it represents.
- 17 Jul 2012, 06:18
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation Please
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3003
Translation Please
Can anyone tell me what the highlighted abbreviation in this photo means? Thanks so much!
Image Link: https://picasaweb.google.com/cefalo2/Un ... 3845067986
Image Link: https://picasaweb.google.com/cefalo2/Un ... 3845067986
- 28 Oct 2010, 23:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Drinkwater's in Boston
- Replies: 26
- Views: 33140
Re: Drinkwater's in Boston
Here's a link to Salvatore Bevilacqua's 1922 passport application, with photo.
Genealogy of Torre le Nocelle
Thank you for the family information
I agree if Silvestro and Salvatore aren't the same person it's an amazing coincidence.
Valarie[/quote]
Genealogy of Torre le Nocelle
Thank you for the family information
I agree if Silvestro and Salvatore aren't the same person it's an amazing coincidence.
Valarie[/quote]
- 10 Jul 2010, 23:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Drinkwater's in Boston
- Replies: 26
- Views: 33140
Re: Drinkwater's in Boston
Thank you for the family information :D
I agree if Silvestro and Salvatore aren't the same person it's an amazing coincidence.
Valarie
You're very welcome. The folks on here have been a great help to me, so it feels nice to be able to give a little bit back when I can. :D
Also interesting to ...
- 10 Jul 2010, 10:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Drinkwater's in Boston
- Replies: 26
- Views: 33140
Re: Drinkwater's in Boston
coincidence? or Silvestro's brother?
Salvatore Bevilacqua born 1859
living in Chelsea in 1922
father's name was Alessandro, same as Silvestro's 1st son
from ancestry .com
Name: Salvatore Bevilacqua
Father: Alessandro Bevilacqua
Birth: 5 Apr 1859 - Torre Le Nocelle (Avellino) , Italy
Civil ...
Salvatore Bevilacqua born 1859
living in Chelsea in 1922
father's name was Alessandro, same as Silvestro's 1st son
from ancestry .com
Name: Salvatore Bevilacqua
Father: Alessandro Bevilacqua
Birth: 5 Apr 1859 - Torre Le Nocelle (Avellino) , Italy
Civil ...
- 09 Apr 2010, 18:43
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?
- Replies: 21
- Views: 13788
Re: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?
Actually there are two Zs in the word Pozzuoli in the record, as far as I can see. The first z comes down (below what I would call an imaginary line) and the second one is there but is formed differently than the first one and does not come down below the line. I have seen documents in which there ...
- 09 Apr 2010, 18:33
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?
- Replies: 21
- Views: 13788
Re: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?
Don't know if you know this site: someone's transcribing all the records from your town and putting them online! What a kind soul.
http://tlngenealogy.blogspot.com/2010/02/about-blog.html
I'd contact them since they're obviously very familiar with this town.
That's me :lol: I don't know about ...
http://tlngenealogy.blogspot.com/2010/02/about-blog.html
I'd contact them since they're obviously very familiar with this town.
That's me :lol: I don't know about ...
- 09 Apr 2010, 18:32
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?
- Replies: 21
- Views: 13788
Re: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?
Okay, allegati, now I gotcha. Nope, none in Torre ... at least not in the Stato Civile stuff... and I haven't run across anything in the church archives either. Someone once told me those were sent to the archdiocese? Is this correct.. or did they just send copies and keep the originals at the local ...
- 09 Apr 2010, 17:48
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?
- Replies: 21
- Views: 13788
Re: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?
Hi Aliza,aliza24 wrote:Have you already looked at the processetti for this marriage? Maybe those records will have the town listed too be clearer than this one.
Is the processetti the same as the public bann, or is that something different?
- 05 Apr 2010, 08:27
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?
- Replies: 21
- Views: 13788
Re: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?
hi,
maybe is Bagnoli an hamlet of Napoli. Let me know what's at the top of certificate. I think there is the "comune" where your relatives gs gone.
try to post the entire certificate.
regards
Hi Nazca,
Thank you for responding. The document is an 1843 marriage from the comune of Torre le ...
maybe is Bagnoli an hamlet of Napoli. Let me know what's at the top of certificate. I think there is the "comune" where your relatives gs gone.
try to post the entire certificate.
regards
Hi Nazca,
Thank you for responding. The document is an 1843 marriage from the comune of Torre le ...
- 03 Apr 2010, 16:02
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?
- Replies: 21
- Views: 13788
Re: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?
Cool link, Johnny - thanks!johnnyonthespot wrote:I am not sure that I can see two Z's there.
Here is a list of all comuni and frazioni in modern Italy, http://www.italyworldclub.com/italian_frazioni/
Happy Easter to everyone!
- 02 Apr 2010, 22:25
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Can anyone make out the name of this comune?
- Replies: 21
- Views: 13788
Can anyone make out the name of this comune?
I'm pretty sure the last word is Pozzuoli, so thought it might be Palestra di Pozzuoli .. but am having second thoughts.
Any help is appreciated!
Photo
Any help is appreciated!
Photo
- 22 Mar 2010, 09:37
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Greci, Avellino
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3899
Greci, Avellino
Not sure if anyone's posted this link before, but while I was chasing down some of my Torresi ancestors that moved to other comunes... I came across this fantastic site for Greci.
http://www.grecicousins.com/1.html
http://www.grecicousins.com/1.html