Hey Biff, it's been a very long time since my last post in this thread but I wanted to give an update to you and any one else interested here.. I actually was able to obtain my great grandfathers certificate of citizenship - which is very cool.
some key notes on this document are that he signed ...
Search found 68 matches
- 20 Jun 2009, 03:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help reading an ellis island manifest...
- Replies: 14
- Views: 12543
- 24 Jun 2008, 15:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giambarresi Family
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5757
Re: Giambarresi Family
Hi Jenn,
If you go to this page: http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp
You can search by surname or place, etc and then you will see a button for film notes where you can find the numbers. thanks
If you go to this page: http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp
You can search by surname or place, etc and then you will see a button for film notes where you can find the numbers. thanks
- 23 Jun 2008, 18:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: STRANO / MICALE / POLITO FAMILIES IN SICILY
- Replies: 19
- Views: 20893
Re: STRANO / MICALE / POLITO FAMILIES IN SICILY
Hey guys,
it's been a while since I posted in this thread about my grandma's family - but I have a new finding today.
I have made an acquaintance from S Pier Niecto and he has gone to il Comune to help me find the documents of my great grandparents (births and marriage).
And today he found that ...
it's been a while since I posted in this thread about my grandma's family - but I have a new finding today.
I have made an acquaintance from S Pier Niecto and he has gone to il Comune to help me find the documents of my great grandparents (births and marriage).
And today he found that ...
- 17 Jan 2008, 17:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Benigni
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9907
Re: Benigni
barbaraday605,
My great-great grandmother was Louisa Benigni who was born in Cauvastro, Province of Trentino and her father I believe was born in Austria and some of Louisa's brothers and sisters were born in Austria also.
Louisa also married Oreste Sebastiani who's last residence was in Austria ...
My great-great grandmother was Louisa Benigni who was born in Cauvastro, Province of Trentino and her father I believe was born in Austria and some of Louisa's brothers and sisters were born in Austria also.
Louisa also married Oreste Sebastiani who's last residence was in Austria ...
- 28 Oct 2007, 03:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: STRANO / MICALE / POLITO FAMILIES IN SICILY
- Replies: 19
- Views: 20893
Re: STRANO / MICALE / POLITO FAMILIES IN SICILY
Dexter, I just sent you a PM. It looks like we're researching some of the same people.
- 04 Aug 2007, 16:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuses
- Replies: 48
- Views: 31602
Re: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuse
Hey guys, thanks for all your help. I too have been looking page by page of the censuses for those areas, but still not coming across anything.
There were some Benigni's in the area, but my Aunt Lena mentioned Silvio Benigni who would have been her great Uncle (Clara's Uncle) and I was able to ...
There were some Benigni's in the area, but my Aunt Lena mentioned Silvio Benigni who would have been her great Uncle (Clara's Uncle) and I was able to ...
- 04 Aug 2007, 13:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuses
- Replies: 48
- Views: 31602
Re: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuse
So I talked to my Aunt Lena last night and she told me a couple things, but she couldn't remember or she was too young to know much about exact dates.
She was born in Conifer near Brookville in 1926. She said after she was born they moved out to Masury, Ohio for a "short time", then moved back to ...
She was born in Conifer near Brookville in 1926. She said after she was born they moved out to Masury, Ohio for a "short time", then moved back to ...
- 03 Aug 2007, 20:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuses
- Replies: 48
- Views: 31602
Re: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuse
Essgee, you're right Indiana Co does boarder Jefferson and the age does match up being 26 in 1920. It's a possibility and its the closest thing match I have so far for him in 1920.
Oscar and Louisa should have been in that general area in 1910. Clara was born in Brockwayville (Brockway) in 1906 ...
Oscar and Louisa should have been in that general area in 1910. Clara was born in Brockwayville (Brockway) in 1906 ...
- 03 Aug 2007, 19:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuses
- Replies: 48
- Views: 31602
Re: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuse
Ok guys, I have just looked through everypage of each district of Brockway, Brookville, Punxsutawney, and Beaver Boroughs for 1930. Wow. Nothing. I'm going to keep trying in Jefferson County.
- 03 Aug 2007, 16:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuses
- Replies: 48
- Views: 31602
Re: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuse
Essgee, good eye but I dont think this is Dominic because the age says 33 in 1920. Dominic was 30 years old in 1924 when my grandfather was born, so my Dominic would have been 26 in 1920.
- 03 Aug 2007, 16:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuses
- Replies: 48
- Views: 31602
Re: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuse
Oh, I found them.. it's indexed as Oscar Scoastiani. No wonder I couldn't find them. I had searched for last name: SEB*
again this is great!
-- I just found them in 1930 also... Oscar, Louisa, Pearl and Louis are in the household at this time. The name indexed is Oscar Schaskani.
I guess some ...
again this is great!
-- I just found them in 1930 also... Oscar, Louisa, Pearl and Louis are in the household at this time. The name indexed is Oscar Schaskani.
I guess some ...
- 03 Aug 2007, 16:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuses
- Replies: 48
- Views: 31602
Re: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuse
Valarie!! Perfect that is definitely Clara, my g grandmother. Her parents and siblings all match up.
I have searched the censuses for her, but I had no luck - How did you find her? Was her name misspelled on the index?
wow, Great find! - this family should also be listed in the 1910 census.
I have searched the censuses for her, but I had no luck - How did you find her? Was her name misspelled on the index?
wow, Great find! - this family should also be listed in the 1910 census.
- 03 Aug 2007, 13:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuses
- Replies: 48
- Views: 31602
Re: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuse
suanj,
I think that's ok - because it says parents and 3 children which I'm assuming are his younger brothers/sisters that stayed in Italy. Him and 2 of his other brothers came here to work (about 1911, 1917 and 1920) Dominic, James, and Louis. But he had 4 or 5 other brother's and sisters that ...
I think that's ok - because it says parents and 3 children which I'm assuming are his younger brothers/sisters that stayed in Italy. Him and 2 of his other brothers came here to work (about 1911, 1917 and 1920) Dominic, James, and Louis. But he had 4 or 5 other brother's and sisters that ...
- 03 Aug 2007, 13:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuses
- Replies: 48
- Views: 31602
Re: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuse
Hey guys, sorry I wasn't online last night to continue posting - but yes about a year ago I started a thread in search of them on here and got some wonderful help (4 pages worth!! :P). But I never found their census records.
Anyway, - mjones yes I am pretty sure that is my great grandfather.. the ...
Anyway, - mjones yes I am pretty sure that is my great grandfather.. the ...
- 02 Aug 2007, 22:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuses
- Replies: 48
- Views: 31602
Re: Helping finding Great grandfather in the 1920/30 censuse
well yes, that is correct. I do my search, and look from page to page of the results.. Then if something looks like it might fit my search criteria, I open up the census image and look at the actual census.