While researching my Martinelli relatives, I came across a census that lists them as Martinello - with an o instead of an i. This was weird as I have always heard it with an i, so I thought it was the census taker's mistake.
Later, however, I found a document filled out by my ggrandfather, where he ...
Search found 5 matches
- 31 Mar 2008, 23:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Different vowel endings in Italian surnames?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6825
- 31 Mar 2008, 23:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: MARTINELLI, Sulmona, Abruzzo, L'Aquila
- Replies: 7
- Views: 14201
Re: MARTINELLI, Sulmona, Abruzzo, L'Aquila
Wow, what a coincidence. I haven't been to this board in years and came back on a whim.
Luigi, whom I metioned in the original post, listed 810 Webster Ave, Pgh, in the manifest of his crossing, as well. So I think we may have ancesters in common. Unfortunately, I cannot find anything on him ...
Luigi, whom I metioned in the original post, listed 810 Webster Ave, Pgh, in the manifest of his crossing, as well. So I think we may have ancesters in common. Unfortunately, I cannot find anything on him ...
- 31 Dec 2005, 02:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trying to find census record
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4447
Re: Trying to find census record
I can get you the 1930 census image. PM me and give me your email if this link doesn't work
http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx= ... d=41267667
http://content.ancestry.com/iexec/?htx= ... d=41267667
- 31 Dec 2005, 00:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: MARTINELLI, Sulmona, Abruzzo, L'Aquila
- Replies: 7
- Views: 14201
Re: MARTINELLI, Sulmona, Abruzzo, L'Aquila
Thanks Raymo! 
- 30 Dec 2005, 00:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: MARTINELLI, Sulmona, Abruzzo, L'Aquila
- Replies: 7
- Views: 14201
MARTINELLI, Sulmona, Abruzzo, L'Aquila
Looking for information on Luigi MARTINELLI, born around 1890 in Sulmona. He married Rose LEOPARDI, abt. 1900, in Sulmona. He left for the US in February 1920, with Rosa and children following about a year later. They settled in Fayette County, Pennsylvania, USA. By the 1930 US Census he was going ...