Search found 11 matches
- 27 Feb 2015, 21:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vendittozzi surname
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5517
Re: Vendittozzi surname
I am trying to find a birth certificate for my grandfather, Gabriel Vendittozzi, who was born in Sessa Aurunca on Aug. 23, 1883, (father Pietro, mother, Mary Descendo), but having no luck. Records from Family Research Centers don't seem to show anything, nor does anything come up on any of Ancestry ...
- 18 Mar 2007, 22:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vendittozzi Surname
- Replies: 33
- Views: 16412
Re: Vendittozzi Surname
Gosh! (I know I keep saying that, but all this info feels like winning the lottery!)I just returned and read through all the replies. You are all amazing! The ship's manifest was incorrect, My grandmother was just 15 or 16 when she came and she was unmarried. Family lore was that someone -- friend ...
- 18 Mar 2007, 22:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vendittozzi Surname
- Replies: 33
- Views: 16412
Re: Vendittozzi Surname
Thank you all for your replies. So much great info and advice. I will do charting from myself backward. The following family list of my grandparents and their children is correct. My grandfather was a gardener. My father is Tony (born Nov. 4, 1922). I believe on the earlier census where they listed ...
- 18 Mar 2007, 16:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vendittozzi Surname
- Replies: 33
- Views: 16412
Re: Vendittozzi Surname
I'm sure that is him as well. That is the correct birthdate and my grandmother and grandfather lived on Front St. in Hartford. Some of the family used Vann and some of the family used Ventitozzi -- no one, as far as I know (of this branch of the family) retained the Vendittozzi spelling.
- 18 Mar 2007, 16:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vendittozzi Surname
- Replies: 33
- Views: 16412
Re: Vendittozzi Surname
Yes, the name was shortened to "Vann," not Vitt. However I believe the record you post was my grandfather. He came to the US in 1906. He did remain in Hartford, Ct. all his life. My grandmother's name was Anna (Annie) Starace Vendittozzi. She came to the US from Stigliano. Italy. They had children ...
- 18 Mar 2007, 15:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Funny
- Replies: 62
- Views: 44202
Re: Funny
Loved the "You Know You're Italian" post. At my nana's house there was always a blue glass bottle of something I think was called Brioski on the kitchen table. You'd take a spoonful of the crystals and mix them in a glass of water and get this lemony, fizzy concoction to take for indigestion. Kind ...
- 18 Mar 2007, 15:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vendittozzi Surname
- Replies: 33
- Views: 16412
Re: Vendittozzi Surname
Thank you so much for your replies. At this point I am looking for both Italian and American records. I am hoping to learn if my grandfather had siblings or extended family and whether they remained in Italy or came to the US. I'm also wondering if I have relatives still in the Sessa Aurunca area. I ...
- 18 Mar 2007, 03:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vendittozzi Surname
- Replies: 33
- Views: 16412
Vendittozzi Surname
I am trying to find information on the surname Vendittozzi. MY grandfather Gabriel Vendittozzi (parents Peter and Mary (Descendo) Vendittozzi) came to the US from Sessa Aurunca in 1906. The name seems to be very uncommon.
Any help or info would be most appreciated.
Any help or info would be most appreciated.
- 30 Mar 2006, 10:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Vendittozzi surname
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5517
Vendittozzi surname
I am loking for information on this surname -- alternate sellings Ventitozzi or Ventitozze. My grandfather came to the US in 1906 from Sessa Aurunca. The ship's manifest lists him as "Gabriele Vendittozzi." However, he spelled it Ventitozze. I have tried to research this surname but have been ...
- 30 Mar 2006, 06:06
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Setta Aur
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6815
Re: Setta Aur
Nuccia and Suanj: Thank you so much for the response. Ellis Island records show town of origin for my grandfather, Gabriel Ventitozze, (spelling is questionable on the last name) as "Setta Aur." I knew he was from the Naples area but could not locate this town on any map. Having the correct location ...
- 28 Mar 2006, 11:17
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Setta Aur
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6815
Setta Aur
Does anyone have info on a town or village called Setta Aur.?