Search found 5 matches
- 10 May 2008, 15:31
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: San Fili - Calabria?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 11924
Re: San Fili - Calabria?
San Fili is very close to the capital city, Cosenza..I have been there on my many trips...The Archivio di Stato in Cosenza would be the best place to write for documents or if filmed, the Family History Library if near your home. You can check on Familysearch.org ,,do a place search and see if the ...
- 02 Mar 2008, 12:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Immigrant Ancestors Project
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8882
Re: Immigrant Ancestors Project
I am a vounteer for the Immigrant Ancestors Project ,,It is run by Brigham Young University and we are extracting the old Italian passport records from Turin and Naples. There is some information on the web site but the pp info is not yet available
Jacqueline
Jacqueline
- 02 Mar 2008, 11:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trying to find grandfather's Birthplace in Calabria
- Replies: 36
- Views: 44640
Re: Trying to find grandfather's Birthplace in Calabria
Dear Lois
Have you written to the Archivio di Stato in Cosenza. I have received many documents when requested. You must write in Italian and give them some specific requests, such as birth certificate and approximate dates?
You can also try the Family History libraries if you have one near you and ...
Have you written to the Archivio di Stato in Cosenza. I have received many documents when requested. You must write in Italian and give them some specific requests, such as birth certificate and approximate dates?
You can also try the Family History libraries if you have one near you and ...
- 25 Jan 2008, 12:51
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Domanico/Carolei - Consenza, Calabria
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13795
Re: Domanico/Carolei - Consenza, Calabria
My father was born in Domanico and I have been there many times. If you are looking for documents the easiest is to rent the microfilms from your nearest Family History Library. Both Domanico and Carolei have been recorded.
We may be distantly connected as my maiden name is Sammarco but other names ...
We may be distantly connected as my maiden name is Sammarco but other names ...
- 15 Mar 2006, 22:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Deciphering Occupation - I give up!
- Replies: 31
- Views: 35273
Re: Deciphering Occupation - I give up!
I think it may be a trinket merchant,,The word in italian is
chincaglieria?
I have done a lot of work with the old handwriting for my own famiy history and others,
Buona fortuna
Jacqueline
chincaglieria?
I have done a lot of work with the old handwriting for my own famiy history and others,
Buona fortuna
Jacqueline