Search found 25 matches
- 15 May 2026, 23:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Italian relatives of my grandfather
- Replies: 15
- Views: 18354
Re: Looking for Italian relatives of my grandfather
I wanted to once again thank everyone in this forum for all of the help. It was because of this forum, that a cousin of mine in Italy was able to find me. He was looking for the family of his Aunt Anna, my grandmother, but because my grandfather changed our family name from Capodicasa to Kappra, he ...
- 31 Aug 2025, 14:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Italian relatives of my grandfather
- Replies: 15
- Views: 18354
Re: Looking for Italian relatives of my grandfather
Hello again - I just saw a post on FB about Pescara and found out it was created by Mussolini in 1927. The province or city didn’t exist before that (according to this post) - so why would these birth records indicate Pescara, especially Pescara, Pescara, if it didn’t exist before 1927?
- 08 Jul 2018, 21:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: new to genealogy, help!?
- Replies: 39
- Views: 37969
Re: new to genealogy, help!?
Thanks Marty - so do I have to go to a Family Search library and use a computer there? Sorry, this is not clear to me.
- 08 Jul 2018, 17:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: new to genealogy, help!?
- Replies: 39
- Views: 37969
Re: new to genealogy, help!?
Hello everyone,
Since we had this discussion over 12 years ago, I have uncovered a lot, even found out who Luciano was and connected with some of his grandchildren in Italy. Unfortunately, they know less than I do about our family ;)
At this point I am trying to find Ettore's other siblings. I have ...
Since we had this discussion over 12 years ago, I have uncovered a lot, even found out who Luciano was and connected with some of his grandchildren in Italy. Unfortunately, they know less than I do about our family ;)
At this point I am trying to find Ettore's other siblings. I have ...
- 08 Jul 2018, 17:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Italian relatives of my grandfather
- Replies: 15
- Views: 18354
Re: Looking for Italian relatives of my grandfather
Amazing! Thank you everyone! I knew so little about him, including why he changed our name from Capodicasa to Kappra. Now I feel like I know him better.
- 08 Jul 2018, 06:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my great-grandfather's daughters
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2047
Re: Looking for my great-grandfather's daughters
Yes, this is him. I just can't find anything about the other two daughters that I know he had. Thanks anyway.
- 07 Jul 2018, 17:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my great-grandfather's daughters
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2047
Looking for my great-grandfather's daughters
Hello - you all have been so helpful already, but there is still a mystery remaining with my family.
My great-grandfather, Giandomenico Talone, had 7 daughters. We know this because there is a newspaper article mentioning this, and his last daughter was named Septimia. For some reason, I cannot ...
My great-grandfather, Giandomenico Talone, had 7 daughters. We know this because there is a newspaper article mentioning this, and his last daughter was named Septimia. For some reason, I cannot ...
- 07 Jul 2018, 02:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Italian relatives of my grandfather
- Replies: 15
- Views: 18354
Re: Looking for Italian relatives of my grandfather
Thank you. Strange, but I don't see any mention of the birth of my grandfather, Aurito (1886) or his brother William (probably an Italian name) (1892). Also, thank you for Biagio's birth certificate. I'm assuming his parents are listed but I can't read the handwriting. Can you make anything out? I ...
- 07 Jul 2018, 00:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Italian relatives of my grandfather
- Replies: 15
- Views: 18354
Looking for Italian relatives of my grandfather
Hello - I am looking for Italian relatives of my grandfather - Aurito Capodicasa - he was born 6 May, 1887, in Pescara, Abruzzo, Italy. His father was Biagio Capodicasa. I don't have any information about his mother or siblings. Can anyone help me find info?
- 17 Apr 2018, 01:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
- Replies: 14
- Views: 3994
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Thank you Tessa! This is great. Also, thank you for the links to sites with free info.
I have a mystery (I think) that I'm wondering if you can solve....
It looks like Giandomenico has two different women listed as his mother. First his mother is listed as Marianna Travaligni (in the Italian ...
I have a mystery (I think) that I'm wondering if you can solve....
It looks like Giandomenico has two different women listed as his mother. First his mother is listed as Marianna Travaligni (in the Italian ...
- 15 Apr 2018, 17:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
- Replies: 14
- Views: 3994
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
No, I don't have a census for the family. It looks like he and his wife, Angela, were married in Italy. They are from Roccascalegna. Angela was born in Italy (but looks like she was stillborn) - it seems the other daughters were born in the US. I know they settled in Wayne, PA. Since the Ellis ...
- 14 Apr 2018, 00:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
- Replies: 14
- Views: 3994
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Wow. Thank you.
- 13 Apr 2018, 15:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
- Replies: 14
- Views: 3994
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Thank you again Tessa. This is amazing!
I wonder if you can help us find the names of Giandomenico's 7 daughters - we seem to be missing a few. One of them was my grandmother, Josephine. And we know of Aurora, Marianna and maybe Angela. Then there is either Settimia or Septimia. Not sure about the ...
I wonder if you can help us find the names of Giandomenico's 7 daughters - we seem to be missing a few. One of them was my grandmother, Josephine. And we know of Aurora, Marianna and maybe Angela. Then there is either Settimia or Septimia. Not sure about the ...
- 12 Apr 2018, 06:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
- Replies: 14
- Views: 3994
Re: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Yes, G.D. was a tailor. He had a tailor shop in Wayne, PA. I don't have an ancestry membership, so I can't view the documents, but you provided some helpful information, thanks! My cousin will be checking this out for us (she has a membership). We may have more questions 
- 09 Apr 2018, 03:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
- Replies: 14
- Views: 3994
Looking for info on Great-grandfather - Giandomenico Talone
Hello all - I'm trying to find some information on my great-grandfather, his name was Giandomenico Talone - he settled in Wayne, Pennsylvania. I think he's from Roccascalegna, Chieti. I just found out about him. Where can I find any records to find out more? The Ellis Island site seems shut down ...