Search found 24 matches
- 30 Aug 2010, 16:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
- Replies: 53
- Views: 54080
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo
Thanks Ischia - yes, that is my father, Dominic. Where can I find these public records that you found? Also, Vito was his brother and if Myrtie was found with him in Brookhaven then that is my aunt. I guess that is her given name = we call her Betty. Isn't that strange about not being able to find ...
- 14 Aug 2010, 22:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
- Replies: 53
- Views: 54080
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo
I forgot to mentioned I wrote on Sept. 3, 2009 to the Comune di Lipari Messina, Italy address you gave me and I did receive a reply with the information on the birth date of my great grandfather Luigi D'Ambra and his parents. They wrote the reply on May 20, 2010. and I recieved in June 2010.
- 14 Aug 2010, 21:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
- Replies: 53
- Views: 54080
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo
Hello,
How do you find all this information? I bought the newest Family tree maker software and I still can not get the info you have found. I was hoping to buy the world family tree vol. 43. I found information that claimed I should be able to get what I am looking for on the vol. 43 for ...
How do you find all this information? I bought the newest Family tree maker software and I still can not get the info you have found. I was hoping to buy the world family tree vol. 43. I found information that claimed I should be able to get what I am looking for on the vol. 43 for ...
- 13 Jan 2009, 00:43
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Leonarda Iacono and Luigi D'Ambra from Lipari, Mes., Si
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4852
Re: Leonarda Iacono and Luigi D'Ambra from Lipari, Mes.
Peter,
Thank you very much. Joanne
Thank you very much. Joanne
- 11 Jan 2009, 16:25
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Leonarda Iacono and Luigi D'Ambra from Lipari, Mes., Si
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4852
Leonarda Iacono and Luigi D'Ambra from Lipari, Mes., Si
Hello Everyone,
I am trying to find documented info on my grandmother and her family. Maria D'Ambra Castaldi was born on 27 Dec 1880 to Luigi D'Ambra b1846 and Leonarda Iacono b1857 married about 1879 in Lapari, Messina, Sicily, Italy. They had a son Michelangelo b1882 also in Lipari.
The family ...
I am trying to find documented info on my grandmother and her family. Maria D'Ambra Castaldi was born on 27 Dec 1880 to Luigi D'Ambra b1846 and Leonarda Iacono b1857 married about 1879 in Lapari, Messina, Sicily, Italy. They had a son Michelangelo b1882 also in Lipari.
The family ...
- 09 Mar 2008, 23:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
- Replies: 53
- Views: 54080
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo
Trish,
Where is the Archives located in Montgomery county? It may be easier than me going to Philly.
Thanks,
Joanne
Where is the Archives located in Montgomery county? It may be easier than me going to Philly.
Thanks,
Joanne
- 09 Mar 2008, 23:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
- Replies: 53
- Views: 54080
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo
Gilbertsville, PA this is in Montgomery county
My husband grew up in South Philly and I in SW Philly.
Hi Joanne,
I have to smile when I hear people are from my hometown!!:):):)
If you ever want to go to NARA on 9th and Chestnut Streets or the Philly Archives at 31st & Market Streets, both in ...
My husband grew up in South Philly and I in SW Philly.
Hi Joanne,
I have to smile when I hear people are from my hometown!!:):):)
If you ever want to go to NARA on 9th and Chestnut Streets or the Philly Archives at 31st & Market Streets, both in ...
- 22 Jan 2008, 15:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
- Replies: 53
- Views: 54080
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo
Hi Smurray,
Good to hear from you again. I just recently was able to obtain some records from someone who had a lot of info from Ischia when he was surching for his daughter's mother-in-law who is a Castaldi. He also gave me the 1930 census that had your Dad's who family in it. Email me at jojosew ...
Good to hear from you again. I just recently was able to obtain some records from someone who had a lot of info from Ischia when he was surching for his daughter's mother-in-law who is a Castaldi. He also gave me the 1930 census that had your Dad's who family in it. Email me at jojosew ...
- 14 Jan 2007, 01:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
- Replies: 53
- Views: 54080
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo
I find most of my information on Ancestry.com or Ellisisland.com . Ancestry will give you a 14 day free trial. If you want any of the copies of what I did find let me know your address and I will mail it to you.
If there are any other info I can check for you let me know I have a subscription until ...
If there are any other info I can check for you let me know I have a subscription until ...
- 09 Jan 2007, 23:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
- Replies: 53
- Views: 54080
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo
smurry,
Did your father enlist in the Army on April 6, 1943? I found enlisments records that has a Dominic F. Castaldi, Delaware Co. Pa, . At that time, this person was single without dependents, and had 2 yrs of high school.
I found a Vito A. Castaldi born abt. 1927 and Myrtie E. Castaldi, born ...
Did your father enlist in the Army on April 6, 1943? I found enlisments records that has a Dominic F. Castaldi, Delaware Co. Pa, . At that time, this person was single without dependents, and had 2 yrs of high school.
I found a Vito A. Castaldi born abt. 1927 and Myrtie E. Castaldi, born ...
- 01 Jan 2007, 00:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
- Replies: 53
- Views: 54080
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo
smurry,
Yes, I guess it could have been Essington or some town between Chester and Philly. I could not find you grandparents on any census other than the 1930 like you mentioned. There were many with the name Castaldi in the census from Chester, just not Assunta or John. Do you have a subscription ...
Yes, I guess it could have been Essington or some town between Chester and Philly. I could not find you grandparents on any census other than the 1930 like you mentioned. There were many with the name Castaldi in the census from Chester, just not Assunta or John. Do you have a subscription ...
- 31 Dec 2006, 21:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
- Replies: 53
- Views: 54080
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo
Where else other than Media did your father's family live? Did they ever live in Philadelphia? Do you know what parrish they lived in Forio d'Iscia?
Joanne Castaldi Navarro
jojosew@comcast.net
610-473-0904
Joanne Castaldi Navarro
jojosew@comcast.net
610-473-0904
- 31 Dec 2006, 05:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
- Replies: 53
- Views: 54080
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo
None of those names come up in my list of ancestors, but I only know of the immediate family and that is all anyone of us know so far, but I will keep searching. I will let you know if I find out any more. do you know the names of your great grandparents? Were both sides of the family from Forio too ...
- 30 Dec 2006, 22:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
- Replies: 53
- Views: 54080
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo
Happy New Year !ischia wrote:Hi Angelina,
Thant is fine with me and no rush. Thanks,
Joanne
- 26 Oct 2006, 20:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Forio
- Replies: 53
- Views: 54080
Re: Surnames Castaldi & D'Ambra of Ischia d'Fo
Hi Angelina,
Thant is fine with me and no rush. Thanks,
Joanne
Thant is fine with me and no rush. Thanks,
Joanne