Hello Everyone,
Thanks for all of your help. I had the 1911 manifest and it is where I found out the real name, Casaretto, vs. all the other ones that became legal in the USA (Casaretti, Casarietti, Casarett). This openned me up to all the other names which were likewise changed or misspelled). My ...
Search found 12 matches
- 30 Aug 2007, 23:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Casaretti or Casaretto in Chiavari area
- Replies: 8
- Views: 10565
- 19 Aug 2007, 21:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Casaretti or Casaretto in Chiavari area
- Replies: 8
- Views: 10565
Casaretti or Casaretto in Chiavari area
My maternal great grandfather, Nicola Casaretto or Casaretti came to Rochester, NY in 1869 from Chiavari, Italy. He had married Louisa Vacari also in 1869 (location not known). Louisa's mother was Thersa carsa, father was Jake Vacari. Nicola's brother Antonio came a few years later. Both brothers ...
- 01 Sep 2006, 00:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Casaretti from Chiavari area
- Replies: 26
- Views: 29298
Re: Casaretti from Chiavari area
Laura,
Hi. I have found a few Casaretti's near to Chiavari in Ligure (I can not remember the towns they lived in). The is also that hamlet "Casaretti" that is just east of Chiavari.
Thanks for your help. Do you know the best way to contact the church parish and do you know if they will share ...
Hi. I have found a few Casaretti's near to Chiavari in Ligure (I can not remember the towns they lived in). The is also that hamlet "Casaretti" that is just east of Chiavari.
Thanks for your help. Do you know the best way to contact the church parish and do you know if they will share ...
- 31 Aug 2006, 20:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Casaretti from Chiavari area
- Replies: 26
- Views: 29298
Re: Casaretti from Chiavari area
Will do. It is important that I get some sort of a toe hold in Chiavari before I go there to research next year. By the way, I tried copy/paste of that email and it bounced because there were spaces around the "@". No big deal but could throw off someone.
Thanks again!
Thanks again!
- 31 Aug 2006, 19:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Casaretti from Chiavari area
- Replies: 26
- Views: 29298
Re: Casaretti from Chiavari area
Yes, I emailed them several days ago...in Italian. I hope I get something back.
Thanks
Thanks
- 30 Aug 2006, 07:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Casaretti from Chiavari area
- Replies: 26
- Views: 29298
Re: Casaretti from Chiavari area
Nuccia,
What microfilm? Where do I check that out? I think Casaretti is too small to have microfilm or even records. I viewed an arial photo/map and it seems little more than a cross roads with a few houses but it is so close to Chiavari I have to be interested.
By the way, I bought an antique ...
What microfilm? Where do I check that out? I think Casaretti is too small to have microfilm or even records. I viewed an arial photo/map and it seems little more than a cross roads with a few houses but it is so close to Chiavari I have to be interested.
By the way, I bought an antique ...
- 30 Aug 2006, 02:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Important information about Canadian Census
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5061
Re: Important information about Canadian Census
I haven't run into any problems in the USA...yet. Everyone has been very helpful and very open. I think our 75 year confidentiality law is too long. Canada seems to be going in the wrong direction. I hope this all sorts out well. We need more info not less.
- 30 Aug 2006, 02:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Casaretti from Chiavari area
- Replies: 26
- Views: 29298
Re: Casaretti from Chiavari area
I have contacted a 3rd cousin who I did not know and I have also written to Chiavari, Italy. I have several other 3rd cousins and the like to contact. Great fun. Wish me luck. Your help has been great...now I need to make some progress on the Italian side of the ocean.
I found two hamlets in Italy ...
I found two hamlets in Italy ...
- 14 Aug 2006, 01:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Casaretti from Chiavari area
- Replies: 26
- Views: 29298
Re: Casaretti from Chiavari area
Thanks to all who have helped out (and this has been great help). I am meeting a relative for the 1st time on Tuesday....a third cousin. I hope she can do some leg work. I have found out that Anthony started the Rochester Candy Works in the 1890's. There were so many candy makers in the family ...
- 12 Aug 2006, 22:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Casaretti from Chiavari area
- Replies: 26
- Views: 29298
Re: Casaretti from Chiavari area
Glad these are the persons you were searching for! Let us know if theres anything else we can help you with!
nuccia D D
Thanks again. i am having a lot of trouble finding out what happened to Anthony (Antonio). He does not appear in any US Census except 1900! Yet, through evidence like the ...
nuccia D D
Thanks again. i am having a lot of trouble finding out what happened to Anthony (Antonio). He does not appear in any US Census except 1900! Yet, through evidence like the ...
- 03 Aug 2006, 00:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Casaretti from Chiavari area
- Replies: 26
- Views: 29298
Re: Casaretti from Chiavari area
Bith of these manifests occur after they appear on US Census. Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it.
- 02 Aug 2006, 20:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Casaretti from Chiavari area
- Replies: 26
- Views: 29298
Casaretti from Chiavari area
I have been researching my family lineage for about 3 years. Casaretti is my grandmothers side. Her parents were Nicholas Casaretti and wife Luisa Vacari Casaretti. Per their death certificates both were born in 1852 and came to the USA in 1869, also the year they were married. Their brother ...