Suanj, I very much appreciate the information and letter, I will definitely make the request.
Thanks again!!
Search found 24 matches
- 15 Jul 2009, 15:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: New York Birth Certificate
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11798
- 15 Jul 2009, 05:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: New York Birth Certificate
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11798
Re: New York Birth Certificate
Suanj, his parents came from Saviano, NA.
- 14 Jul 2009, 21:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: New York Birth Certificate
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11798
Re: New York Birth Certificate
To Suanj:
Exactly how and what would I request from the comune?
Would family who live in the comune have an easier time getting that record?
Thanks!!
Exactly how and what would I request from the comune?
Would family who live in the comune have an easier time getting that record?
Thanks!!
- 14 Jul 2009, 18:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: New York Birth Certificate
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11798
Re: New York Birth Certificate
Perhaps all that was needed was a statement by the parents, and once the birth was listed on an official record, that record could be used to establish the birth date for subsequent records.
To Mler: What exactly would be recognized as an "official record?"
To Vj: The article you referenced is ...
To Mler: What exactly would be recognized as an "official record?"
To Vj: The article you referenced is ...
- 14 Jul 2009, 16:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: New York Birth Certificate
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11798
Re: New York Birth Certificate
To Elba: The certificate states that he was baptized on 5/15/1908. The church even contacted me to say that they had a birthdate different than what I had given them (12/18/1907) and that their date (1/15/1908) would appear on the certificate.
To Ditota: Yes, that's the correct SS info.
To Suanj ...
To Ditota: Yes, that's the correct SS info.
To Suanj ...
- 14 Jul 2009, 02:26
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: New York Birth Certificate
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11798
New York Birth Certificate
I would very much appreciate any information or suggestions regarding the following scenario:
I attempted to get my grandfather's (Camillo Bruscino) birth certificate from New York (state searched 1906-08, city searched 1907-08) with no record found by either the state or New York City.
Most ...
I attempted to get my grandfather's (Camillo Bruscino) birth certificate from New York (state searched 1906-08, city searched 1907-08) with no record found by either the state or New York City.
Most ...
- 29 Mar 2009, 21:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Etiquette for Writing to Italy
- Replies: 16
- Views: 10622
Re: Etiquette for Writing to Italy
I appreciate everyone's suggestions.
Thanks,
Tony
Thanks,
Tony
- 28 Mar 2009, 23:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Etiquette for Writing to Italy
- Replies: 16
- Views: 10622
Re: Etiquette for Writing to Italy
Hi Elba,
Thanks for the suggestion, but how do you go about purchasing postage to send? They spent €1.40 to send two pieces of paper. Is it possible to send that amount on a stamp? Any additional input would be appreciated.
Thanks again,
Tony
Thanks for the suggestion, but how do you go about purchasing postage to send? They spent €1.40 to send two pieces of paper. Is it possible to send that amount on a stamp? Any additional input would be appreciated.
Thanks again,
Tony
- 28 Mar 2009, 23:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Etiquette for Writing to Italy
- Replies: 16
- Views: 10622
Re: Etiquette for Writing to Italy
Thanks Toni! It's definitely a starting point.
- 28 Mar 2009, 22:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Etiquette for Writing to Italy
- Replies: 16
- Views: 10622
Re: Etiquette for Writing to Italy
Hi Toni,
In my first letter I had asked to be charged the cost of the document, postage, etc., but no cost was indicated with their reply. I'd like to make another request, but I feel some kind of compensation would be appropriate. I just don't know what to do, but thanks for your input.
Tony
In my first letter I had asked to be charged the cost of the document, postage, etc., but no cost was indicated with their reply. I'd like to make another request, but I feel some kind of compensation would be appropriate. I just don't know what to do, but thanks for your input.
Tony
- 28 Mar 2009, 22:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Etiquette for Writing to Italy
- Replies: 16
- Views: 10622
Etiquette for Writing to Italy
Hello to all,
I wrote to a comune earlier this month for the birth extract of my great-grandfather. I received the paper today and would like to make another request, along with compensating them for their time. What exactly is the proper etiquette for doing this? I've read so much on this issue ...
I wrote to a comune earlier this month for the birth extract of my great-grandfather. I received the paper today and would like to make another request, along with compensating them for their time. What exactly is the proper etiquette for doing this? I've read so much on this issue ...
- 21 Nov 2008, 15:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Palma in 1920 or 1930 Census
- Replies: 36
- Views: 23591
Re: Palma in 1920 or 1930 Census
I believe that we are related. I am Florence Sullivan's (Palma) great-granddaughter. I have been doing research into our family's genealogy recently and came across this post. If you are still working on it, please respond. Hopefully, I will hear from you. By the way, my mom named me after ...
- 29 Aug 2006, 05:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Palma in 1920 or 1930 Census
- Replies: 36
- Views: 23591
Re: Palma in 1920 or 1930 Census
SSDI for Carmen..
Social Security Death Index Record
about Carmen Palma
Name Carmen Palma
SSN xxx-xx-xxxx
Born 18 Dec 1918
Died Mar 1971
State (Year) SSN issued New York (Before 1951 )
Social Security Death Index Record
about Carmen Palma
Name Carmen Palma
SSN xxx-xx-xxxx
Born 24 Feb 1915
Died ...
Social Security Death Index Record
about Carmen Palma
Name Carmen Palma
SSN xxx-xx-xxxx
Born 18 Dec 1918
Died Mar 1971
State (Year) SSN issued New York (Before 1951 )
Social Security Death Index Record
about Carmen Palma
Name Carmen Palma
SSN xxx-xx-xxxx
Born 24 Feb 1915
Died ...
- 28 Aug 2006, 11:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Palma in 1920 or 1930 Census
- Replies: 36
- Views: 23591
Re: Palma in 1920 or 1930 Census
I've got nothing else. Except that just tonight I looked at my baptism certificate (Rose is my Godmother) and found out that Rose's proper name was Rosaleen. I'm going crazy with all the different names. Luckily the SSA didn't take strange nick names, or Martin would be listed as "Shorty" and Carmen ...
- 28 Aug 2006, 10:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Palma in 1920 or 1930 Census
- Replies: 36
- Views: 23591
Re: Palma in 1920 or 1930 Census
From the 1914 ship manifest it looks like this is Salvatores SSDI..
Social Security Death Index Record
about Theodore Palma
Name Theodore Palma
SSN xxx-xx-xxxx
Last Residence 11590 Westbury, Nassau, New York, United States of America
Born 3 Nov 1912
Died Sep 1975
State (Year) SSN issued New York ...
Social Security Death Index Record
about Theodore Palma
Name Theodore Palma
SSN xxx-xx-xxxx
Last Residence 11590 Westbury, Nassau, New York, United States of America
Born 3 Nov 1912
Died Sep 1975
State (Year) SSN issued New York ...