Search found 6 matches

by dgreen
17 Oct 2006, 23:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Maria Maruca family
Replies: 23
Views: 37318

Re: Maria Maruca family

possible 1920 census
Wyoming, Luzerne, PA
(note: same town as WW1 card)
139 4th Street
Angelo Amato , 25 (1895) immig 1912, miner - coal mine
wife Mary, 23 (1897) b in PA?, parents b in Italy
son Joseph, 1 yr 11 mos (1918), b in PA
daughter Carmello, 9 mos (1919), b in PA

Yes, this is the ...
by dgreen
13 Oct 2006, 09:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Maria Maruca family
Replies: 23
Views: 37318

Re: Maria Maruca family

dgreen,
Could these two records belong to the same Angelo
Amato?
- Married to Mary Maruca in 1917?
- Did they live in PA?
Could help in finding ship manifest & original records from Italy.
- Do you have them on a census?
- Do you have Angelo's manifest?
Thanks! vj

possible 1917 ww1 draft card ...
by dgreen
12 Oct 2006, 09:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Maria Maruca family
Replies: 23
Views: 37318

Re: Maria Maruca family

Social Security Death Index Record
about Maria Amato
Name: Maria Amato
SSN: 072-52-7136
Last Residence: 14201 Buffalo, Erie, New York, United States of America
Born: 31 Dec 1897
Died: Jan 1976
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (1973 )

would this be the correct Maria?
wldspirit Yes, I ...
by dgreen
12 Oct 2006, 07:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Maria Maruca family
Replies: 23
Views: 37318

Re: Maria Maruca family

I was able to locate the manifest for Maria but it isn't legible. Here is the text info..

First Name: Maria
Last Name: Maruca
Ethnicity: Italy
Last Place of Residence:
Date of Arrival: Jul 21, 1904
Age at Arrival: 7 Gender: F Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Citta di Torino
Port of Departure ...
by dgreen
12 Oct 2006, 07:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Maria Maruca family
Replies: 23
Views: 37318

Re: Maria Maruca family

Thank you to all who posted replies. The only information I had was verbal.
Maria Maruca married Angelo Amato in Buffalo, NY, though there is also story that Angelo's real name was Rudolph, (or Rodolfo), Capraro, born in 1895 and came to NY around 1913, "sponsored" by the Amato family.

How can I ...
by dgreen
12 Oct 2006, 02:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Maria Maruca family
Replies: 23
Views: 37318

Maria Maruca family

I am looking for information about a Maria Maruca who arrived in the USA around 7 years old in 1904. I don't have any other information.

Thank you to all who posted replies. The only information I had was verbal.
Maria Maruca married Angelo Amato in Buffalo, NY, though there is also story that ...