Search found 4 matches

by CheerfulPie
26 Nov 2006, 17:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian Princess Info
Replies: 9
Views: 8534

Re: Italian Princess Info

Sounds like that will make for some great stories to share with your family in the future. I love that. I can't wait to learn so many things!
by CheerfulPie
22 Nov 2006, 16:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian Princess Info
Replies: 9
Views: 8534

Re: Italian Princess Info

Graffeo wrote:Speaking of the Swiss Guards here is a link to a very interesting article on the history of the Swiss Guards.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Guard

In the past they did guard the House of Savoy and other royal courts. Today I think they guard only the Vatican.
Thank you very much!
by CheerfulPie
22 Nov 2006, 16:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian Princess Info
Replies: 9
Views: 8534

Re: Italian Princess Info

The way I look at family stories that cannot be proved is that they are "legendary." And that's really neat and interesting because legends are very fascinating and mysterious. So even if you are never able to find her and prove it happened, make sure you record the story anyway and just say in the ...
by CheerfulPie
21 Nov 2006, 23:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian Princess Info
Replies: 9
Views: 8534

Italian Princess Info

Okay, so I've been told that somewhere in my ancestry, I'm related to an Italian princess who was disowned for running away with her Swiss guard. Now, I have no reason to doubt that this is true because the family member who told me this is usually pretty credible. I have never found any information ...