You would need at minimum:
1. Your father's birth record from Italy.
2. Either your father's Certificate of Naturalization indicating he naturalized AFTER your birth; or a statement of No Record Found from the federal government proving he never naturalized.
3. Your parents' marriage certificate ...
Search found 8 matches
- 14 Feb 2007, 11:49
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Where to begin?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8219
- 21 Dec 2006, 10:47
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Applying for citizenship in Italy
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2787
- 13 Dec 2006, 17:20
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Marriage and divorce
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2638
Re: Marriage and divorce
The divorce will not be a problem. You might have to get a copy of the divorce decree, however.
- 12 Dec 2006, 15:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Did my great-grandfather come to New York twice?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 11219
Re: Did my great-grandfather come to New York twice?
No, that's not him. He's still alive.
Thanks anyway!
Thanks anyway!
- 08 Dec 2006, 10:06
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Did my great-grandfather come to New York twice?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 11219
Re: Did my great-grandfather come to New York twice?
Thank you both!
I know a great deal about Salvatore as he's my grandfather. There's no doubt surrounding his date of birth, his birth place, or his parents' names. His father, Alfonso Callari, married an Eloisa (or Eloise or Luisa) Giambrone in Brooklyn, N.Y. in 1926.
As I've already submitted a ...
I know a great deal about Salvatore as he's my grandfather. There's no doubt surrounding his date of birth, his birth place, or his parents' names. His father, Alfonso Callari, married an Eloisa (or Eloise or Luisa) Giambrone in Brooklyn, N.Y. in 1926.
As I've already submitted a ...
- 07 Dec 2006, 16:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Did my great-grandfather come to New York twice?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 11219
Re: Did my great-grandfather come to New York twice?
Thanks ever so much for your help! I have to admit to being more confused than ever.
I'm certain that my great-grandfather, Alfonso Callari, came to the U.S. on August 28, 1920 from Casteltermini, Sicily. How do I know for sure? I have in my possession two documents both pointing to the same person ...
I'm certain that my great-grandfather, Alfonso Callari, came to the U.S. on August 28, 1920 from Casteltermini, Sicily. How do I know for sure? I have in my possession two documents both pointing to the same person ...
- 05 Dec 2006, 14:02
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Did my great-grandfather come to New York twice?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 11219
Re: Did my great-grandfather come to New York twice?
Okay, I'm no longer convinced they're the same person. My great-grandfather was born 13 March 1900. This means that the first Alfonso Callari to arrive in 1919 would have been 19 years old instead of 20 as listed on the manifest.
There is also a discrepancy in height between the two Alfonso's: 5'3 ...
There is also a discrepancy in height between the two Alfonso's: 5'3 ...
- 04 Dec 2006, 13:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Did my great-grandfather come to New York twice?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 11219
Did my great-grandfather come to New York twice?
Dear all,
In searching the ship manifests on ellisisland.org recently, I think I came to a rather startling discovery and was hoping someone could provide further insight.
My great-grandfather, Alfonso Callari, came through New York from Italy on August 28, 1920. This is the date also indicated on ...
In searching the ship manifests on ellisisland.org recently, I think I came to a rather startling discovery and was hoping someone could provide further insight.
My great-grandfather, Alfonso Callari, came through New York from Italy on August 28, 1920. This is the date also indicated on ...