Hi,
I have traced by my ancestry to my great great grandfather - Guiseppe Sossi born in VILLA OPICINA TRIESTE on the 18 or 28 of October 1902. Married to Maria Gherselli / Garzelli.
I have attempted to obtain a copy of his details however I received a letter from the commune stating that as the ...
Search found 13 matches
- 22 Jul 2007, 10:39
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help with letter to send to parish - what to ask for ?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3661
- 23 Apr 2007, 10:47
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help with documents - (updated 22 Apr)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 18137
Re: help with documents - new documents ! (updated 29 Jan)
Hi Everyone,
Sorry for my long absence but I have been busy. On the genealogy front there has been many exciting happenings ! I have been researching the immigration movements of my grandparents as they left Italy - the national archives in Australia I have found to be most efficient however they ...
Sorry for my long absence but I have been busy. On the genealogy front there has been many exciting happenings ! I have been researching the immigration movements of my grandparents as they left Italy - the national archives in Australia I have found to be most efficient however they ...
- 22 Apr 2007, 01:29
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help with documents - (updated 22 Apr)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 18137
Re: help with documents - new documents ! (updated 29 Jan)
Hi Everyone,
Sorry for my long absence but I have been busy. On the genealogy front there has been many exciting happenings ! I have been researching the immigration movements of my grandparents as they left Italy - the national archives in Australia I have found to be most efficient however they ...
Sorry for my long absence but I have been busy. On the genealogy front there has been many exciting happenings ! I have been researching the immigration movements of my grandparents as they left Italy - the national archives in Australia I have found to be most efficient however they ...
- 30 Jan 2007, 09:35
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help with documents - (updated 22 Apr)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 18137
Re: help with documents - new documents ! (updated 29 Jan)
Thank you suanj 
- 29 Jan 2007, 09:25
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help with documents - (updated 22 Apr)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 18137
Re: help with documents - new documents ! (updated 29 Jan)
Hi everyone,
A quick update I have found a series of new documents which I believe explain why I have never found my grandfathers birth certificate;
If you could please use your expertise to translate would be very grateful !
Document 1;
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6457/save0004ws8.jpg ...
A quick update I have found a series of new documents which I believe explain why I have never found my grandfathers birth certificate;
If you could please use your expertise to translate would be very grateful !
Document 1;
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6457/save0004ws8.jpg ...
- 14 Jan 2007, 04:27
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help with documents - (updated 22 Apr)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 18137
Re: help with documents - the quest continues ! (updates)
Hi Everyone,
Have been tracing together the movements of Giuseppe however I need some help translating these details on his merchant marine papers - I believe that they are embarkation / disembarkation records ? an if i read them correctly he went from pola (pula) to trieste ? - however I don't see ...
Have been tracing together the movements of Giuseppe however I need some help translating these details on his merchant marine papers - I believe that they are embarkation / disembarkation records ? an if i read them correctly he went from pola (pula) to trieste ? - however I don't see ...
- 14 Jan 2007, 03:46
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Villanova di Valdarsa address of Civil records office ??
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3889
Villanova di Valdarsa address of Civil records office ??
Hi There,
Wondering if anyone could help me find the address for Villanova di Valdarsa address of Civil records office for the purpose of obtaining granfathers birth certificate (pls see my thread in the Italian language handwriting forum for background). This case is very tricky so any help would ...
Wondering if anyone could help me find the address for Villanova di Valdarsa address of Civil records office for the purpose of obtaining granfathers birth certificate (pls see my thread in the Italian language handwriting forum for background). This case is very tricky so any help would ...
- 04 Jan 2007, 11:36
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help with documents - (updated 22 Apr)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 18137
help !! documents from missing comune ?!
Thank you everyone for your help and guidance.
I have located my grandmothers comune and sent a request for documents (thank you Suanj for your help with this).
However my grandfathers birth certificate seems to be more of an issue - on the full marriage certificate his place of birth is ...
I have located my grandmothers comune and sent a request for documents (thank you Suanj for your help with this).
However my grandfathers birth certificate seems to be more of an issue - on the full marriage certificate his place of birth is ...
- 04 Jan 2007, 10:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help with documents - (updated 22 Apr)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 18137
Re: help with documents - one easy one not so easy ! (update
Hi Everyone,
Happy New Year to everyone! :D
Suanj: Thanks for the information! :) I too saw Miclens and Micleus. Also, both surnames came to the USA from Trieste. :)
It's nice to work as a team! :)
Trish
Here is the information on the mother's side from the cards you posted. Love the pictures ...
Happy New Year to everyone! :D
Suanj: Thanks for the information! :) I too saw Miclens and Micleus. Also, both surnames came to the USA from Trieste. :)
It's nice to work as a team! :)
Trish
Here is the information on the mother's side from the cards you posted. Love the pictures ...
- 01 Jan 2007, 08:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help with documents - (updated 22 Apr)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 18137
Re: help with documents - one easy one not so easy ! (update
I am very excited to report that I have found a new series of documents which I have posted below.
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/8241/idcardsfrontlowresjx8.jpg
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1601/marraigecertfrontbwlwreoq7.jpg
Could some please translate in particular i am interested in ...
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/8241/idcardsfrontlowresjx8.jpg
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1601/marraigecertfrontbwlwreoq7.jpg
Could some please translate in particular i am interested in ...
- 31 Dec 2006, 06:48
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help with documents - (updated 22 Apr)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 18137
Re: help with documents - one easy one not so easy !
Hi Trish, yes is Sassi the surname.. abt MICLENS the right spell is MICLEUS, family of Roumanian origin stated from long time in Villanova d'Arsa... abt the your ancestor birthtown discrepance, the explanation is that Valdarsa (SUSGNEVIZZA called in italian language until 1922 and ditto .. Å uÅ ...
- 31 Dec 2006, 02:23
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help with documents - (updated 22 Apr)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 18137
Re: help with documents - one easy one not so easy !
thank you for all very much for your help - as you can imagine with surname changes and changing borders makes this search difficult !
sanju I have reposted the image links below
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4398/save0006pl0.jpg
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/551/save0005tn8.jpg
http ...
sanju I have reposted the image links below
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4398/save0006pl0.jpg
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/551/save0005tn8.jpg
http ...
- 30 Dec 2006, 13:44
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: help with documents - (updated 22 Apr)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 18137
help with documents - (updated 22 Apr)
Hi,
Recently my grandfather has passed and I have been sorting through his old documents and found the following I think one is my grandmothers and grandfathers marriage certificate ? If someone could assist in translating this would be most appreciated
The other document is my grandfathers ...
Recently my grandfather has passed and I have been sorting through his old documents and found the following I think one is my grandmothers and grandfathers marriage certificate ? If someone could assist in translating this would be most appreciated
The other document is my grandfathers ...