Search found 37 matches

by Vivian
14 Feb 2009, 04:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Name on certificate of death?
Replies: 4
Views: 4135

Re: Name on certificate of death?

Eleven, Thank you, I'll give the church a try. I appreciated hearing about your experience. Vivian
by Vivian
14 Feb 2009, 00:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Name on certificate of death?
Replies: 4
Views: 4135

Re: Name on certificate of death?

Essgee, thank you for your reply. I've tried everything without success and now I'm just grasping at straws. Her name was Caterina Tesio and her maiden name was Varino, she lived in Manhattan, and her last child was born in 1895. Last year I visited the family grave sites of all of her children, her ...
by Vivian
14 Feb 2009, 00:03
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation English to Italian
Replies: 2
Views: 4285

Re: Translation English to Italian

Elba, I would like to send a personal letter and your reply was just what I was looking for, thank you. Vivian
by Vivian
13 Feb 2009, 21:08
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translation English to Italian
Replies: 2
Views: 4285

Translation English to Italian

Is there a great online resource to translate an English letter into Italian? When sending a letter to Italy is it best to translate the document into Italian and also write the English words below? I thought that it might be helpful just in case the translatation is incorrect and/or the recepient ...
by Vivian
13 Feb 2009, 20:59
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Cornavesi?
Replies: 1
Views: 3490

Cornavesi?

I'm looking at the death certificate of my great, great grandmothers brorther and the cursive handwriting is difficult to read. Could someone please verify the spelling of the above last name (they are from northern, Italy)? It appears that the first name reads: Madelena. Thank you for any help ...
by Vivian
13 Feb 2009, 20:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Name on certificate of death?
Replies: 4
Views: 4135

Name on certificate of death?

Family information indicates that my great great grandmother died in Manhattan, New York, in approximately 1945. I've ordered and received several death certificates that I thought might be her but didn't turn out to be her, yet I've been unable to find her. Does anyone know if death records were ...
by Vivian
30 Nov 2008, 07:21
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help with Italian surname spelling
Replies: 15
Views: 13923

Re: Help with Italian surname spelling

Thank you
by Vivian
29 Nov 2008, 07:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help with Italian surname spelling
Replies: 15
Views: 13923

Re: Help with Italian surname spelling

Thank you all for your help, suggestions and research. Now I have something new to pursue. Thanks again, Vivian
by Vivian
29 Nov 2008, 05:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help with Italian surname spelling
Replies: 15
Views: 13923

Re: Help with Italian surname spelling

My understanding is that the family came from the northern region of Italy, near Torino. Another possiblity might be Pollenza but I don't know for sure.
by Vivian
29 Nov 2008, 05:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help with Italian surname spelling
Replies: 15
Views: 13923

Re: Help with Italian surname spelling

So sorry, the typed death certificate also shows: Polenzo, Italy
by Vivian
29 Nov 2008, 04:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help with Italian surname spelling
Replies: 15
Views: 13923

Help with Italian surname spelling

Can someone possibly please help me with the surname spelling of a great, great, great grandmother. My great great grandmothers death certificate is typed showing her fathers name and her mothers maiden name, unfortunatley due to typing errors I am unable to read the full last name. The clearly ...
by Vivian
16 Oct 2008, 03:09
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Cecchere?
Replies: 14
Views: 16751

Re: Cecchere?

Peter, John and Meticulousmobile - a huge thank you to all of you for responding and for the great suggestions. There are not many family members left but I will contact them and see if any of your suggestions help them with recollection. Thank you all. Vivian
by Vivian
13 Oct 2008, 02:58
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Cecchere?
Replies: 14
Views: 16751

Re: Cecchere?

Thanks I have the Castle Garden info and so far even with many documents I can not find one that lists the town. Thanks for your help. Vivian
by Vivian
12 Oct 2008, 23:33
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Cecchere?
Replies: 14
Views: 16751

Re: Cecchere?

Peter - please search the forum under the name of Tesio or under my user name Vivian. My previous postings provide much of the information that I know. In addition I've located a manifest for my great great grandmother with another son Francesco, SS La Touraine on 11/11/1893 and I'm currently ...
by Vivian
11 Oct 2008, 03:58
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Cecchere?
Replies: 14
Views: 16751

Re: Cecchere?

Thank you again Peter. Would you recommend trying to write those with the same family first and last names? Hoping to find someone that recognizes the names of my family members? I've tried several towns without success and continue struggling on where to go next. Thanks for any advice. Vivian