Search found 8 matches

by thkorman
05 Jan 2007, 04:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian surname
Replies: 23
Views: 15843

Re: Italian surname

His wife's maiden name was Schell which was originally Augello or something like that. (Her family came from Sicily.) He originally settled in New York City but wound up in Texas which is where he died.


--- This might be beside the point, but may I suggest that the origin of the name Schell might ...
by thkorman
03 Jan 2007, 22:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian surname
Replies: 23
Views: 15843

Re: Italian surname

Thanks for the searching! I appreciate the tip about the Valpreda surname. I'll try that name and see if I can come up with anything. I have his marriage record from Dallas but it doesn't have any helpful information on it. I don't think they got married in a church or else I could ask the church ...
by thkorman
03 Jan 2007, 22:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian surname
Replies: 23
Views: 15843

Re: Italian surname

Just for informational purposes: He was not born in NY even though it says that on the 1930 census.
by thkorman
02 Jan 2007, 16:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian surname
Replies: 23
Views: 15843

Re: Italian surname

Thank you.
by thkorman
02 Jan 2007, 01:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian surname
Replies: 23
Views: 15843

Re: Italian surname

His middle name was Louis, not Lucas. So in Italian that would have been Luigi. Whoever filled out his card must have made an error. I also have another birth date of May 14, 1885. So you see that this has been an impossible task. Regarding his signature, I think what you are seeing as a C is ...
by thkorman
02 Jan 2007, 00:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian surname
Replies: 23
Views: 15843

Re: Italian surname

Sorry - I didn't see your other questions. He had brothers named Emile and Abel - I guess Emilio and Abele in Italian. We think his father's name was Joseph and his mother's name was Teresa like mine. We also think his father served in the military in Italy.

His wife's maiden name was Schell which ...
by thkorman
02 Jan 2007, 00:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian surname
Replies: 23
Views: 15843

Re: Italian surname

Yes - It was Vilfordi. Thanks.
by thkorman
02 Jan 2007, 00:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Italian surname
Replies: 23
Views: 15843

Italian surname

Can anybody help me? I have tried to research my Italian grandfather but do not know his original Italian surname. All I can find on him are U.S. census documents, and a few other documents using his American surname. We were told that he changed his name when he came over to America from Italy in ...