Maggerelli wrote:this Sunday!
Search found 13 matches
- 29 Sep 2008, 17:54
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Picarelli
- Replies: 10
- Views: 9631
Re: Picarelli
- 19 Sep 2008, 19:11
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Picarelli
- Replies: 10
- Views: 9631
Re: Picarelli
Thx so much for your reply. We are excited to come to Italy but we are only there for a week, so we are not sure we'll be able to make it to Avellino to visit. I do appreciate your offer--is there a phone number we can reach you at in case we are able to make it to Avellino?
When will you come ...
When will you come ...
- 12 Sep 2008, 22:47
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Terrari, Avellino Province
- Replies: 13
- Views: 14608
Re: Terrari, Avellino Province
Oh.... you're right...PeterTimber wrote:You put in Terrari in copying the original use of the word Terrari by another person without correcting it. I relied on you since you did not correct the error. =Peter=
- 12 Sep 2008, 19:22
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Picarelli
- Replies: 10
- Views: 9631
Re: Picarelli
On google earth, it looks like there are a bunch of houses there too, and its looks like it is surrounded by some farmland and trees as well? I do see a bunch of buldings and some type of ball field as well. The street is called Frazione Picarelli...is this the same neighborhood you are refering to ...
- 12 Sep 2008, 19:17
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Terrari, Avellino Province
- Replies: 13
- Views: 14608
Re: Terrari, Avellino Province
VinX999 Could you please explain why you call Terrari is not a comune and not a listed as a frazione or neighborhood of any other town??=Peter=
First of all, in the province of Avellino there's no place called "Terrari".... :)
Ferrari is a "frazione" of the comune of Serino.... I'm sure of it ...
First of all, in the province of Avellino there's no place called "Terrari".... :)
Ferrari is a "frazione" of the comune of Serino.... I'm sure of it ...
- 11 Sep 2008, 22:52
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Terrari, Avellino Province
- Replies: 13
- Views: 14608
Re: Terrari, Avellino Province
They're two towns placed on two different sides of the same mountain..mbanting wrote:Thanks. In my research there is mention that my grandparents came from Terrari (which could be Ferrari) and the other place is Volturara Irpino. Are these places close together?
- 11 Sep 2008, 22:40
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Picarelli
- Replies: 10
- Views: 9631
Re: Picarelli
My Granfather and several of his siblings emigrated from Picarelli, Italy (outside of avellino) to the United States in the early 1900's. My family is inetrested in visiting Picarelli later this year and I am curious what the town is like ?
Well,
I live in Avellino.... :) Picarelli is a quarter ...
Well,
I live in Avellino.... :) Picarelli is a quarter ...
- 24 Jul 2007, 20:47
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Writing a book about Avellino-WWII
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8763
Re: Writing a book about Avellino-WWII
I am writing a book about Avellino during world war two. I would like to know of stories from women and children of that time. I would like to hear about the experience of living through fascist government and any hardships experienced.
Hello Berardina, I'm writing from Avellino, Italy, and I ...
Hello Berardina, I'm writing from Avellino, Italy, and I ...
- 24 Jul 2007, 20:47
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Writing a book about Avellino-WWII
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8763
Re: Writing a book about Avellino-WWII
I am writing a book about Avellino during world war two. I would like to know of stories from women and children of that time. I would like to hear about the experience of living through fascist government and any hardships experienced.
Hello Berardina, I'm writing from Avellino, Italy, and I ...
Hello Berardina, I'm writing from Avellino, Italy, and I ...
- 26 Mar 2007, 21:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: MARANO family
- Replies: 9
- Views: 13327
Re: MARANO family
Thanks vj!!
- 26 Mar 2007, 17:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: MARANO family
- Replies: 9
- Views: 13327
Re: MARANO family
No chances, I think.... that's why I'm trying with American data bases, arrival records etc...eyetalgal wrote:any chance there are church records still in existence?
However.. thank you eyetalgal!!
- 25 Mar 2007, 20:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: MARANO family
- Replies: 9
- Views: 13327
Re: MARANO family
Thanks for your help!!
I'll ask my grandpa if "Carfagnas" are our relatives...
However, none here can say when they was born: in 1980 an earthquake destroyed the birth archives of their towns... I can't get any info about them.;((((
I'll ask my grandpa if "Carfagnas" are our relatives...
However, none here can say when they was born: in 1980 an earthquake destroyed the birth archives of their towns... I can't get any info about them.;((((
- 24 Mar 2007, 18:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: MARANO family
- Replies: 9
- Views: 13327
MARANO family
Two of my ancestors went to USA, at the end of XIX century or in the first half of XX: Giovanni and Nicola Marano, from Lioni or Montella, in the province of Avellino, Campania (region), South Italy; then my family lost touch with them; maybe, they worked in a bank in USA.
If your surname is "Marano ...
If your surname is "Marano ...