I'm sending out my naturalization records request using the FOIA form; however there's three different addresses given on it, and I think other people have mentioned several other addresses too.
Which one is the right one for naturalization? There are two for MO and one for WA.
I am so confused ...
Search found 12 matches
- 14 Jul 2007, 21:49
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Which address for FOIA requests?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2175
- 02 May 2007, 21:16
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need some help with naturalization info
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8541
Re: Need some help with naturalization info
So...If it turns out my great grandfather was never naturalized and I get a no records statement, does that mean I have to amend the death certificate to say he died an Italian citizen?
- 02 May 2007, 21:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How long a wait for NYC docs.?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 13371
Re: How long a wait for NYC docs.?
I got my great grandfather's death certificate from the NYC department of health in about 3 to 4 weeks, but another member on the board had managed to find the exact certificate number for me, which I'm sure sped up the process.
I also just got one of the birth certificates I needed from Italy ...
I also just got one of the birth certificates I needed from Italy ...
- 29 Apr 2007, 17:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need some help with naturalization info
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8541
Re: Need some help with naturalization info
Thanks, I tried the NARA online ordering system and got an email that they couldn't process the request. I couldn't really figure out if that meant they needed more info or just couldn't find anything. I guess historical is next.
- 29 Apr 2007, 02:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need some help with naturalization info
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8541
Need some help with naturalization info
I was almost positive that my Great gramps had never naturalized, but I just recieved his death certificate today and it says he died a U.S. citizen. I've checked all the free online databases to find his naturalization info, but no luck. Anyone out there that can help?
His name is Giacomo Raia and ...
His name is Giacomo Raia and ...
- 19 Apr 2007, 15:49
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Bisacquino Commune
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4098
Bisacquino Commune
A couple of weeks ago I sent a request for my great grandparent's birth certificates and marriage certificate to the Bisacquino commune in Sicily. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.
I was going to send international reply coupons, but when I went to the post office they ...
I was going to send international reply coupons, but when I went to the post office they ...
- 17 Apr 2007, 03:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Los Angeles Consulate
- Replies: 17
- Views: 17951
Re: Los Angeles Consulate
I recently stopped by the Los Angeles Consulate to check things out. (Fortunately I'm 15 minutes away without traffic). I just started collecting my documents and am nowhere near finished, but I thought I might as well make an appointment now because they're backed up for a year.
No such luck. The ...
No such luck. The ...
- 30 Mar 2007, 00:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on Raia geneaology
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10481
Re: Looking for info on Raia geneaology
Wow, that's great. Thanks so much. Where'd you find that info at?
- 29 Mar 2007, 15:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on Raia geneaology
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10481
Re: Looking for info on Raia geneaology
Thanks, that might be it. But he also might have died when he was younger. How did you find that?
- 28 Mar 2007, 21:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on Raia geneaology
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10481
Looking for info on Raia geneaology
This is all becoming more difficult than I thought it would. I'm at a bit of a standstill on trying to obtain a death certificate for my great grandfather because they request parent names and social security number (which I don't know if he ever had).
This is all the info I've been able to gather ...
This is all the info I've been able to gather ...
- 27 Mar 2007, 23:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Never Naturalized. Now what?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5468
Re: Never Naturalized. Now what?
Fortunately, grandpappy was born in America, therefore maintaining both of his citizenships.
My main dilemma is paperwork. Do I have to get a statement of "no records?" Or can I just get a certified copy of the census? I'm 99 percent positive that he was never naturalized because at the time of ...
My main dilemma is paperwork. Do I have to get a statement of "no records?" Or can I just get a certified copy of the census? I'm 99 percent positive that he was never naturalized because at the time of ...
- 27 Mar 2007, 22:54
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Never Naturalized. Now what?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5468
Never Naturalized. Now what?
Hey everyone,
First off, this is such a great forum with so many useful tips!
I'm going all the way back to my Great Grandfather. I don't forsee any problems in getting birth and marriage certificates from Italy; however, I found a 1930 census that shows he was still not naturalized (at the time ...
First off, this is such a great forum with so many useful tips!
I'm going all the way back to my Great Grandfather. I don't forsee any problems in getting birth and marriage certificates from Italy; however, I found a 1930 census that shows he was still not naturalized (at the time ...