Search found 14 matches
- 10 Dec 2007, 13:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67425
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
I recommend the book it was well writen but best of all it brought back so many memories 
- 05 Dec 2007, 15:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67425
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
The soda shop on Union Avenue was Goodmans I remember stopping there every day after IEY to get a milk shake. There was always a little extra left to pour.
My very good friend lived on 5th Street John Vitale he had an older brother whose name I can't recall,"getting old"
What about Millie's store ...
My very good friend lived on 5th Street John Vitale he had an older brother whose name I can't recall,"getting old"
What about Millie's store ...
- 17 Oct 2007, 12:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67425
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
My mother and Aunt Rose worked there also, what a small world Joe Passarelli was my second cousin, his father or uncle was the goat man.
Was your wife from St Johns or St Jsoephs
Was your wife from St Johns or St Jsoephs
- 17 Oct 2007, 11:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67425
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
I was born and raised in New Rochelle. Lived on Ninth Street and on Washington Avenue near Pelham, my mother was a Passarelli who had four sisters, so I had quite afew uncles, Bonelli, Mustacato, nanarello,and Ciliberti.
Remeber Zito's, Sacco's ,Caruso's and the Red Rose Bar on Union
Remeber Zito's, Sacco's ,Caruso's and the Red Rose Bar on Union
- 17 Oct 2007, 11:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67425
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
I am trying to remember the wine store but can't place it, there was a social club on the corner of 3rd and union and another one on union near First Street.
There was a liquor store on fourth street next to the gas station.
I have so many memories of the west that I would bore you with the places ...
There was a liquor store on fourth street next to the gas station.
I have so many memories of the west that I would bore you with the places ...
- 16 Oct 2007, 23:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67425
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Talking about societies in New Rochelle there was one called the ? Calabria society they were on Union Avenue. There was another building on 4th Street called the North Italy Hall. Just adding some info
- 16 Oct 2007, 23:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67425
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Aha PSA may memories and it is still there. The name Semenza sounds familiar. Was your wife from West New Rochelle as they called it?
There is another book that has been out called West New Rochelle an Italian Journey, have you read it? I will look for your book
There is another book that has been out called West New Rochelle an Italian Journey, have you read it? I will look for your book
- 16 Oct 2007, 11:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67425
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
As a foot note, do you remeber the goats that used to be walked around the neighbor called the west area between Washington Avenue and Union Avenue between first and ninth streets, sorry to say that was my uncle
- 16 Oct 2007, 11:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67425
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
You are so right I am so sorry that I didn't ask my father more questions about his life in Francavilla, but he was closed mouth about it, tough child hood. At least I have made a trip to Francavilla and was able to see some interesting things and meet some wonderful relatives on my fathers paternal ...
- 15 Oct 2007, 21:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67425
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
No my maternal grandparents were from San Fili and my paternal grandparents were from Francavilla Antigola. A lot of families from Francavilla moved to New Rochelle
- 15 Oct 2007, 13:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67425
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Hey I was born and raised in New Rochelle and I never knew of these facts.Truly amazing and interesting. In fact when I returned from active service I worked part time at D'Onofrio field, also surprising is that my maternal great grand parents were named Onofrio
- 07 Apr 2007, 15:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Teti in Francavilla Angitola, Italy
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4889
Re: Teti in Francavilla Angitola, Italy
Thank you I will be in Francavilla next month to see what I can find maybe the chuech has something
- 07 Apr 2007, 02:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Teti in Francavilla Angitola, Italy
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4889
Re: Teti in Francavilla Angitola, Italy
My grandfsther was born 30th Dec 1881 in Francavilla,died May 7th 1946 in Francavilla
- 06 Apr 2007, 15:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Teti in Francavilla Angitola, Italy
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4889
Teti in Francavilla Angitola, Italy
I am trying to trace my roots found my granfather Antonio Teti born in Francavilla Angitola, his birth certificate doesn't list his parents this creates a road block