Search found 16 matches

by Smiriglio
16 Jul 2007, 11:55
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)
Replies: 75
Views: 103211

Re: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)

The vice minister of the interior, in an interview on Sportello on RAI International, said that once residency is established the community has up to a year to act on the applicants citizenship [entro un anno]. He was emphatic on this point. He said that the time would most likely be less than a ...
by Smiriglio
12 Jul 2007, 11:39
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)
Replies: 75
Views: 103211

Re: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)

yes, if by residence you mean you have the permission to stay in Italy.
by Smiriglio
12 Jul 2007, 10:49
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)
Replies: 75
Views: 103211

Re: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)

There is an advantage to using ones family. The hurdles are higher if you are a "stranger" in Italy since you are required to prove that you are able to support your self and that you have a suitable place to live. Using the family connection the officials are less likely to scrutinize every facet ...
by Smiriglio
11 Jul 2007, 20:25
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)
Replies: 75
Views: 103211

Re: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)

Sorry, but you are wrong in this instance. Somewhere in Italian law [still looking for the reference] it states that if you have a relative, up to the fourth degree, in Italy, you can take up residency with that person and obtain a special pds because if you have a relative in Italy you can not be ...
by Smiriglio
11 Jul 2007, 19:00
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)
Replies: 75
Views: 103211

Re: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)

You are correct, it helps with getting permission to be a resident. Once that is granted then the citizenship process follows.
by Smiriglio
11 Jul 2007, 16:08
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)
Replies: 75
Views: 103211

Re: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)

What I was told by the questura in Naples was that if you have an Italian relative upto 4rth degree living in Italy, by taking residence with that relative it allows you to claim your citizenship [recognition not reacquisition] as long as you can prove your Italian lineage [Birth certificates]. I ...
by Smiriglio
06 Jul 2007, 18:09
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)
Replies: 75
Views: 103211

Re: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)

I have relatives that I can stay with. They would even feed me if need be, but that is not enough. I have a family and a mortgage and a big dog. I can not stay in Italy for more than a few weeks. That is what I am having my relatives find out about all this for me. How long does the process take now ...
by Smiriglio
06 Jul 2007, 17:23
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)
Replies: 75
Views: 103211

Re: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)

Again, I did not complete the process but they told me in Italy that it was recognition of my citizenship, not re-acquisition. So I assume that it will pass to my kids. That is why I'm doing all of this.
by Smiriglio
06 Jul 2007, 11:02
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)
Replies: 75
Views: 103211

Re: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)

Since I wrote the last response I read what Pastasugo [great name] wrote above where he mentioned [Circolare 32 13 Giugno 2007]. I skipped over that reference because I thought it was something else. It turns out to be very important. It is a notice of suspension of the requirnment of permeso di ...
by Smiriglio
06 Jul 2007, 10:35
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)
Replies: 75
Views: 103211

Re: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)

I have not completed the process so I can not tell you with certainty that the process is easy or cheap or both. What I was told in Naples, at the questura, is that if you have Italian parentage and have a relative [up to fourth degree] in Italy, you can apply for a permesso di sogiorno if you move ...
by Smiriglio
25 Jun 2007, 10:56
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)
Replies: 75
Views: 103211

Re: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)

I agree with your concern about false pretenses. However, I do not speak Spanish and when I used automatic translation [Google] what I got back was unintelligible. Therefore, I do not understand what this website is all about.
by Smiriglio
22 Jun 2007, 16:11
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)
Replies: 75
Views: 103211

Re: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)

It does say that the process must be made as quickly as possibly "Pertanto, dopo un approfondito esame della problematica si ritiene di dover impartire la seguente disposizione, ai fine di garantire la parità di trattamento dei soggetti interessati e di evitare agli stessi ulteriori disagi ...