Search found 22 matches

by LvItalian1979
06 Feb 2019, 23:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Certificate requests
Replies: 12
Views: 3020

Re: Birth Certificate requests

Top left #1, Ettore Iliaco
by LvItalian1979
06 Feb 2019, 20:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Certificate requests
Replies: 12
Views: 3020

Re: Birth Certificate requests

Thank you I will try to snail mail again, here is the copy of the birth certificate.
Iliaco_Ettore 1889.jpg
by LvItalian1979
06 Feb 2019, 19:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Certificate requests
Replies: 12
Views: 3020

Re: Birth Certificate requests

Do you think they are not providing the documents because I don't have his parents names? He was left at a church when he was born in a Foundling Wheel. I was able to track down the name that was given to him when he was left and have provided that information.
by LvItalian1979
06 Feb 2019, 18:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Certificate requests
Replies: 12
Views: 3020

Re: Birth Certificate requests


You can't just call for this type of record. You need to write to them (or email, I suggest PEC email) tell them its for citizenship purposes and include some photo ID.
demografici@comune.ascolisatriano.fg.it
PEC: protocollo.ascolisatriano@pec.leonet.it


I know I can't call, I already tried ...
by LvItalian1979
06 Feb 2019, 18:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Certificate requests
Replies: 12
Views: 3020

Re: Birth Certificate requests

So I have emailed and mailed several requests, I have tried contacting the Comune on facebook which, after a month, they provided an email address which I have also sent a request with photo ID. It has now been three months and still no response. It is such a small town and none of my family live ...
by LvItalian1979
06 Nov 2018, 21:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Certificate requests
Replies: 12
Views: 3020

Re: Birth Certificate requests

I need a legal copy so I can submit for dual citizenship, I found a copy of it and found the correct name spelling. I can’t seem to get ahold of anybody at the Commune to pay for a legal copy and have it mailed.
by LvItalian1979
31 Oct 2018, 14:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Certificate requests
Replies: 12
Views: 3020

Birth Certificate requests

I’ve tried requesting my great-grandparents birth certificates from the Ascoli Satriano Commune through mail and never received a response. I have tried emailing but they all come back undeliverable, I have even tried contacting them through their Facebook page which shows it was read but no ...
by LvItalian1979
23 May 2018, 23:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: PASQUALE DOMENICO CAPRARULO, CHIARAMONTE POTENZA 1865/1870
Replies: 4
Views: 1991

Re: PASQUALE DOMENICO CAPRARULO, CHIARAMONTE POTENZA 1865/1870

I found this birth record but it looks like it is for Oct 06, 1829 but the birth was in Chiaramonte. I'm sorry I couldn't be anymore helpful.
by LvItalian1979
23 May 2018, 22:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Ettore Ilicia - Birth Record
Replies: 1
Views: 752

Ettore Ilicia - Birth Record

I am trying to locate a birth record of my great-grandfather, we were told he was born in Ascoli-Satriano on Feb 7, 1889. His name coming over on the ship was Ettore Ilicia but changed his name once he got here. I looked all over Ancestry.com but not a lot of records from his time in Italy. Can ...
by LvItalian1979
23 May 2018, 07:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Name Change
Replies: 0
Views: 2695

Name Change

I am trying to do my dual citizenship and tonight I realized that my great-grandfather changed his name once he got off the boat. I found his original name from the boat manifest, how would this work when applying for dual citizenship?
by LvItalian1979
30 Aug 2007, 19:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Dual Citizenship Question????
Replies: 4
Views: 5046

Re: Dual Citizenship Question????

Thanks for the information, I tried emailing the consulate but who knows how long that will take for them to respond (if they respond).
by LvItalian1979
20 Aug 2007, 17:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Dual Citizenship Question????
Replies: 4
Views: 5046

Re: Dual Citizenship Question????

Go to this website it explains how you can track back.....www.italiandualcitizenship.com
by LvItalian1979
17 Aug 2007, 23:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Dual Citizenship Question????
Replies: 4
Views: 5046

Dual Citizenship Question????

I am trying to get my dual citizenship but I am confused about one thing and I hope someone can help me. My great grandfather was born in Italy and came through Ellis Island. I can't find any records of him listed as getting a US citizenship. In 1930 he was still listed as a alien. My grnadmother ...
by LvItalian1979
10 Jul 2007, 17:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: LOOKING FOR 1930 CENSUS RECORDS
Replies: 6
Views: 5295

Re: LOOKING FOR 1930 CENSUS RECORDS

I emailed everything I could find, hope this helps!
by LvItalian1979
10 Jul 2007, 17:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: LOOKING FOR 1930 CENSUS RECORDS
Replies: 6
Views: 5295

Re: LOOKING FOR 1930 CENSUS RECORDS

Name Age
Guiseppe Procopio 32
Marion Procopio 26
Catherine Procopio 9
Marie Procopio 18
Domenic Procopio 6
Elen Procopio 4 9/12
Teresina Procopio 2 6/12
This is also part of the 1920 census