There was a large error on my Father's birth certificate, but I had the official correction already attached and translated. What was the error and can you be a bit more specific about what you mean by "official correction"?
All the best, Peg
There were a few. His Mother's name was spelled wrong ...
Search found 13 matches
- 03 Jan 2008, 20:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Appointment wait time
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9419
- 19 Dec 2007, 17:09
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Appointment wait time
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9419
Re: Appointment wait time
It was through my Grandfather.
All the documents where from New York and New Jersey.
The comune is tiny.
The important documents had only a couple minor errors. (There was a large error on my Father's birth certificate, but I had the official correction already attached and translated.)
I hired ...
All the documents where from New York and New Jersey.
The comune is tiny.
The important documents had only a couple minor errors. (There was a large error on my Father's birth certificate, but I had the official correction already attached and translated.)
I hired ...
- 18 Dec 2007, 18:39
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Passport authorization from an Ex spouse...
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4451
Re: Passport authorization from an Ex spouse...
Yeah... I remember I was a little concerned about that. ;-)
At my appointment, the guy I was meeting with set me straight. I was absolutely allowed to have my citizenship recognized... and in so doing, my daughters did too. There was nothing that my ex could do about it.
Where the issue with an ...
At my appointment, the guy I was meeting with set me straight. I was absolutely allowed to have my citizenship recognized... and in so doing, my daughters did too. There was nothing that my ex could do about it.
Where the issue with an ...
- 18 Dec 2007, 18:16
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Passport authorization from an Ex spouse...
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4451
Re: Passport authorization from an Ex spouse...
Yes. I received three letters. One for me and the other two for them. 
- 18 Dec 2007, 17:55
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Almost ready....What's the first official step?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3071
Re: Almost ready....What's the first official step?
The requirements and the wait time vary greatly from consulate to consulate. I have no idea if there are additional requirements for a Canadian application, but in New York, you would need all of these documents apostilled and translated into Italian.
I would call the consulate in Toronto (which ...
I would call the consulate in Toronto (which ...
- 18 Dec 2007, 17:47
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Appointment wait time
- Replies: 9
- Views: 9419
Re: Appointment wait time
I made an appointment in February 2007 for August 2007 (about 6 months) at the New York consulate.
After my appointment in August, I had to fix two translations and return them a week later.
I received the confirmation of citizenship letter about 3 1/2 months after that.
After my appointment in August, I had to fix two translations and return them a week later.
I received the confirmation of citizenship letter about 3 1/2 months after that.
- 18 Dec 2007, 16:13
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Passport authorization from an Ex spouse...
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4451
Passport authorization from an Ex spouse...
I received my citizenship recently. I am divorced and have two daughters from the marriage (ages 8 and 5). Apparently, I need authorization from my ex to get passports for myself and/or them. On the form, there are three different authorizations choices:
1. authorize issuance of parent's passport
2 ...
1. authorize issuance of parent's passport
2 ...
- 18 Dec 2007, 15:26
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help regarding EU Passports
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3047
Re: Help regarding EU Passports
Thanks!
- 18 Dec 2007, 15:09
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: italian citizenship
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2798
Re: italian citizenship
Here are some required documents from the consulate website of NY (http://www.consnewyork.esteri.it/Consolato_NewYork/Menu/I_Servizi/Per_i_cittadini/Cittadinanza/)
- your grandfather’s birth certificate;
- your grandfather's marriage certificate;
- your grandfather's death certificate, if it ...
- your grandfather’s birth certificate;
- your grandfather's marriage certificate;
- your grandfather's death certificate, if it ...
- 18 Dec 2007, 14:25
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help regarding EU Passports
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3047
Help regarding EU Passports
I just received my letter confirming my Italian citizenship. (Yay!)
I was going to start the process of applying for the EU passport. Does anyone know the costs involved? When I looked at the consulate website, it said the cost was $112.90 for a 10 year passport; however, I've also seen something ...
I was going to start the process of applying for the EU passport. Does anyone know the costs involved? When I looked at the consulate website, it said the cost was $112.90 for a 10 year passport; however, I've also seen something ...
- 19 Jul 2007, 13:09
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Do I need approval from my ex to get an Italian passport?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 9041
Re: Do I need approval from my ex to get an Italian passport
Thanks for you responses...
What I heard was that once I become a citizen of Italy, my children will automatically become citizens too. I don't have the choice of just becoming a citizen alone. (It sounded so strange to me.)
Also, it's not just the passport that I need consent from my ex-wife for ...
What I heard was that once I become a citizen of Italy, my children will automatically become citizens too. I don't have the choice of just becoming a citizen alone. (It sounded so strange to me.)
Also, it's not just the passport that I need consent from my ex-wife for ...
- 18 Jul 2007, 21:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Question re: Translating documents into Italian
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3415
Question re: Translating documents into Italian
I am applying for dual citizenship to Italy. I have an appointment with the consulate in a few weeks and need to translate all my documents into Italian.
I have a couple questions.
1. Am I supposed to translate the parts that are hand-written responses? (i.e. " Profession: Actor " becomes ...
I have a couple questions.
1. Am I supposed to translate the parts that are hand-written responses? (i.e. " Profession: Actor " becomes ...
- 18 Jul 2007, 21:17
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Do I need approval from my ex to get an Italian passport?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 9041
Do I need approval from my ex to get an Italian passport?
I learned 8 months ago that I meet the criteria for citizenship to Italy through jure sanguinis. I have spent that time acquiring all the documents needed with much time and expense.
My appointment with the consulate in New York is coming up in a few weeks and I just heard (much to my horror) that ...
My appointment with the consulate in New York is coming up in a few weeks and I just heard (much to my horror) that ...