Still with you guys close to 13 years later :D
If you've followed this thread since the beginning, you will remember that my grandfather was rumored to be the son of a priest. It eventually occured to me that it shouldn't be too difficult to find the name(s) of who was preaching in Casacalenda in ...
Search found 17 matches
- 31 Jan 2025, 23:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
- Replies: 75
- Views: 72980
- 09 Jun 2012, 03:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
- Replies: 75
- Views: 72980
Re: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
I would like to let everyone know that rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
Anna is right when she says that Romeo Guastaferri passed away last September. Only, he was my dad. Not to be confused with the originator of this thread.
Peace and long live to all.
Anna is right when she says that Romeo Guastaferri passed away last September. Only, he was my dad. Not to be confused with the originator of this thread.
Peace and long live to all.
- 15 Oct 2007, 13:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
- Replies: 75
- Views: 72980
Re: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
Hello Carmela !
What a surprise and pleasure to read from you ! Thank you for taking the time to write... I have been thinking about trying to contact some of Carmela's descendants to inform them of what I was able to find out in my research... I guess that won't be necessary :)
Did you see the ...
What a surprise and pleasure to read from you ! Thank you for taking the time to write... I have been thinking about trying to contact some of Carmela's descendants to inform them of what I was able to find out in my research... I guess that won't be necessary :)
Did you see the ...
- 08 Oct 2007, 00:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
- Replies: 75
- Views: 72980
Re: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
That's so cool, Susan !
Don't read that much italian, but I can gather from deciphering that last file (Maria Annina's death) that in 1897, when my grandfather was taken into the family, they were living at 22 via Napoli
Don't read that much italian, but I can gather from deciphering that last file (Maria Annina's death) that in 1897, when my grandfather was taken into the family, they were living at 22 via Napoli
- 07 Oct 2007, 22:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
- Replies: 75
- Views: 72980
Re: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
Thanks for the suggestion, John. I sort of thought about that myself. I think I could easily track down Carmella's descendants. Finding the priest assigned to Casacalenda around 1896 (let alone his parents) might prove a bit more daunting. I would need to track down descendants of his siblings (I ...
- 07 Oct 2007, 05:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
- Replies: 75
- Views: 72980
Re: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
John... you wiley ole' thing you... You came through again !
Apparently, in the 30s, Mussolini decreed that all italian towns should have their principal street named via Roma (so I've read on wikipedia...). Which explains why via Napoli became via Roma (or Corso Roma... they're apparently the same ...
Apparently, in the 30s, Mussolini decreed that all italian towns should have their principal street named via Roma (so I've read on wikipedia...). Which explains why via Napoli became via Roma (or Corso Roma... they're apparently the same ...
- 06 Oct 2007, 22:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
- Replies: 75
- Views: 72980
Re: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
Thanks for your kind words, Susan.
I was rereading the whole thread, this morning, when I took notice of what you wrote on August 25th : "...can you translate the name Ammano? Does it mean something like "man" or from "man"? If it does, it could indicate that it was a name made up by the Mayor of ...
I was rereading the whole thread, this morning, when I took notice of what you wrote on August 25th : "...can you translate the name Ammano? Does it mean something like "man" or from "man"? If it does, it could indicate that it was a name made up by the Mayor of ...
- 06 Oct 2007, 15:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
- Replies: 75
- Views: 72980
Re: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
Thank you John for the translation.
I guess this puts an end to the search for my granddad's origins. I now know that I'll never find out who his natural parents were, but thanks to you guys here - Susan & cousin John especially - I've gotten to know a whole lot more than I could have imagined ...
I guess this puts an end to the search for my granddad's origins. I now know that I'll never find out who his natural parents were, but thanks to you guys here - Susan & cousin John especially - I've gotten to know a whole lot more than I could have imagined ...
- 04 Oct 2007, 23:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
- Replies: 75
- Views: 72980
Re: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
YOU WIN !
Still waiting for MY copy of the films... I was expecting them this week, but... whatever...
WOW ! Exciting news :)
Now I know for sure my grandfather was born Giuseppe Armanno... although that's pretty much all I can make out from the copy you posted. Can barely make out the letters ...
Still waiting for MY copy of the films... I was expecting them this week, but... whatever...
WOW ! Exciting news :)
Now I know for sure my grandfather was born Giuseppe Armanno... although that's pretty much all I can make out from the copy you posted. Can barely make out the letters ...
- 12 Sep 2007, 13:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
- Replies: 75
- Views: 72980
Re: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
Thanks cuz !
I finally ordered the Casacalenda films this week (from the Church of LDS). In a couple of weeks or so, Essgee and/or myself (whoever receives the films first) should find out who my grandfather's real parents were (I hope).
I finally ordered the Casacalenda films this week (from the Church of LDS). In a couple of weeks or so, Essgee and/or myself (whoever receives the films first) should find out who my grandfather's real parents were (I hope).
- 09 Sep 2007, 16:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
- Replies: 75
- Views: 72980
Re: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
Thanks John 
By the way, the wedding didn't take place in the US... My grandfather married my grandmother Mary Doucette (daughter of Joseph Doucet & Josephine Arseneau), in Bathurst, New-Brunswick, on March 24th 1917.
Romeo
By the way, the wedding didn't take place in the US... My grandfather married my grandmother Mary Doucette (daughter of Joseph Doucet & Josephine Arseneau), in Bathurst, New-Brunswick, on March 24th 1917.
Romeo
- 09 Sep 2007, 04:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
- Replies: 75
- Views: 72980
Re: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
Hello again people
This week, I received a copy of my grandfather's marriage certificate. As I had previously stated, he married under the name Joseph Armanno. What I found interesting were the names he gave for his parents: Antonio Armanno & Maria Rosa Guastaferri.
What I find interesting about ...
This week, I received a copy of my grandfather's marriage certificate. As I had previously stated, he married under the name Joseph Armanno. What I found interesting were the names he gave for his parents: Antonio Armanno & Maria Rosa Guastaferri.
What I find interesting about ...
- 25 Aug 2007, 05:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
- Replies: 75
- Views: 72980
Re: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
I never imagined that my little shot in the dark of a post on this site would generate such a torrent of information ! Thanks a lot guys.
It's a pleasure to get acquainted with you too, cousin John :) Thanks for all this data... I'm overwhelmed.
Essgee : I can't thank you enough for all your ...
It's a pleasure to get acquainted with you too, cousin John :) Thanks for all this data... I'm overwhelmed.
Essgee : I can't thank you enough for all your ...
- 24 Aug 2007, 05:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
- Replies: 75
- Views: 72980
Re: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
WOW ! You people are amazing ! I can't get over how helpful you all are...
Having read all your postings, I can definately say that we are all talking about the same family here : that is, the family associated with my Grandfather. I'll explain why in a minute... What I am still unsure about, is ...
Having read all your postings, I can definately say that we are all talking about the same family here : that is, the family associated with my Grandfather. I'll explain why in a minute... What I am still unsure about, is ...
- 22 Aug 2007, 16:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
- Replies: 75
- Views: 72980
Re: Ancestors from Casacalenda : Guastaferri & Armanno
Thanks to both of you.
I wasn't aware of all these references you have provided me.
I will definately be looking into the Casacalenda & Campobasso films and let you guys know what I find.
Talk to you soon
Romeo
I wasn't aware of all these references you have provided me.
I will definately be looking into the Casacalenda & Campobasso films and let you guys know what I find.
Talk to you soon
Romeo