I tried to translate...am I close?
Most beloved Aunt, I have sent you these two lines in order makes you to know that I enjoy optimal health and hope the same of you and of all the family. Beloved aunt you must excuse this photograph as it has come out very badly. Then you salute and you kiss, are ...
Search found 48 matches
- 19 Apr 2010, 20:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of text on back of old photo
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4149
- 19 Apr 2010, 20:11
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Other text on back of Photo Translation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3815
Re: Other text on back of Photo Translation
Here is my friend's transcription:
cara sorella, ti raccomando di non mostrare questa foto a nessuno , poiche appariamo troppo male male e mia figlia Rosina è venuta più male di tutti, questo era il primo e siamo venute male, non ne faremo più (I thks the photos, alf) , ti saluto di tutto cuore ...
cara sorella, ti raccomando di non mostrare questa foto a nessuno , poiche appariamo troppo male male e mia figlia Rosina è venuta più male di tutti, questo era il primo e siamo venute male, non ne faremo più (I thks the photos, alf) , ti saluto di tutto cuore ...
- 19 Apr 2010, 20:09
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of text on back of old photo
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4149
Re: Translation of text on back of old photo
He said he doesn't understand the words after "nipote"
- 19 Apr 2010, 20:09
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of text on back of old photo
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4149
Re: Translation of text on back of old photo
Carissima Zia, vi ho mandato queste due righe per farvi sapere che io godo di ottima salute e cosi come spero di voi e di tutta la famiglia. Poi cara zia mi dovete scusare tanto di questa fotografia dove sono venuta troppo male. Poi vi saluto e vi bacio, sono vostra nipote ...
I had a friend ...
I had a friend ...
- 19 Apr 2010, 20:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Other text on back of Photo Translation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3815
Other text on back of Photo Translation
Here is another request for translation. I am so appreciative of any time someone could lend to take a quick look. Thanks sooooo much!
- 19 Apr 2010, 20:04
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of text on back of old photo
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4149
Translation of text on back of old photo
Can someone take a look and see if they can translate this into English for me?
Thank you so much in advance.
Thank you so much in advance.
- 16 Apr 2010, 16:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Anna Scialla morti
- Replies: 17
- Views: 12759
Re: Anna Scialla morti
Can the town she was born in be Casagiove? I might be reading into it out of shear will-power - but I think that is what it says. If so...let's talk - my Scialla's are from Casagiove as well.
- 18 Jun 2009, 17:55
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Needed Please: Letter to Montesarchio
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10651
Re: Help Needed Please: Letter to Montesarchio
Hello Biff ---
I actually received the Integral Act from Montesarchio! Thanks for your help!
I actually received the Integral Act from Montesarchio! Thanks for your help!
- 18 Jun 2009, 17:54
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Needed Please: Letter to Montesarchio
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10651
Re: Help Needed Please: Letter to Montesarchio
Hello Biff ---
I actually received the Integral Act from Montesarchio! Thanks for your help!
I actually received the Integral Act from Montesarchio! Thanks for your help!
- 18 Jun 2009, 16:13
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: FINALLY! Atti Di Nascita for Carminantonio Russo!
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5536
Re: FINALLY! Atti Di Nascita for Carminantonio Russo!
Thank you so much! I appreciate the time you took to do this for me!
- 18 Jun 2009, 13:43
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: FINALLY! Atti Di Nascita for Carminantonio Russo!
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5536
Re: FINALLY! Atti Di Nascita for Carminantonio Russo!
my grandfather was born with a cleft pallet (split lip). At least I think he was born with it and was not from an injury - but who knows.
I looked for mention of it in this document - but couldn't pull out "labbro spaccato" --- though I could have the wrong words.
I looked for mention of it in this document - but couldn't pull out "labbro spaccato" --- though I could have the wrong words.
- 18 Jun 2009, 10:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: FINALLY! Atti Di Nascita for Carminantonio Russo!
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5536
FINALLY! Atti Di Nascita for Carminantonio Russo!
Can someone help me translate? I have a good idea what most of the critical information is - but I can't translate a good portion of it.
Thanks so much!
http://www.lynxdezzine.com/attidinascita.htm
Thanks so much!
http://www.lynxdezzine.com/attidinascita.htm
- 14 Aug 2008, 17:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Any assistance appreciated
- Replies: 48
- Views: 42984
Re: Any assistance appreciated
my G-grandmothers name was Cristina Loschi. She married Tomasso Russo and at the time of my grandfathers birth - they lived in Montesarchio in Benevento, Campania italy. Though I have never heard mention of a jewish family history - it can't be totally written off - because I know little about her ...
- 01 Apr 2008, 03:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
- Replies: 30
- Views: 48458
Re: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
For what it is worth, I have a colleage with the last name of Bennicas. He lives in the Allentown PA area. I remember him saying that when his ancestors came over from Italy they changed their name from Benincasa to Bennicas. I don't know much about his family, but I can give him your information ...
- 23 Mar 2008, 03:39
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Letter to Russo's in Montesarchio
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7929
Re: Letter to Russo's in Montesarchio
Peter - great site. I think that will work.