Search found 9 matches
- 16 Oct 2007, 01:22
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Piedimonte d'Alife area and WWII
- Replies: 7
- Views: 15717
Re: Piedimonte d'Alife area and WWII
Biff - thank you so much! That's perfect, and I'm going to explore those websites as well! Very much appreciated!
- 15 Oct 2007, 17:21
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Piedimonte d'Alife area and WWII
- Replies: 7
- Views: 15717
Re: Piedimonte d'Alife area and WWII
Thanks for the pointers ... as for Ken Burns' series, it's on my Christmas list! 
- 15 Oct 2007, 12:35
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Piedimonte d'Alife area and WWII
- Replies: 7
- Views: 15717
Piedimonte d'Alife area and WWII
I would like to track down some information regarding the Piedimonte d'Alife (Piedimonte Matese) area during WWII. I know it's near Monte Cassino - near enough, I expect, for there to have been some heavy fighting. I was wondering if anyone might know of anything specific to Piedimonte d'Alife ...
- 12 Oct 2007, 14:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gaudio - from Piedimonte d'Alife, Italy to Buenos Aires
- Replies: 7
- Views: 31673
Re: Gaudio - from Piedimonte d'Alife, Italy to Buenos A
Susan - this is fantastic! Thanks! I see several other names who married into the family on this list as well! This may help on several fronts! 
- 12 Oct 2007, 12:35
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Piedimonte d'Alife, Caserta, Italy
- Replies: 1
- Views: 6344
Piedimonte d'Alife, Caserta, Italy
I was told that Piedimonte d'Alife changed it's name back in the 1970s or so to Piedimonte Matese. My question is this: on a current roadmap of Italy, there is a smaller town/village of Alife near Piedimonte Matese .... does anyone know if perhaps this town is the same as Piedimonte d'Alife or has a ...
- 11 Oct 2007, 18:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Guiseppe Iannascoli in Pescara, Italy area
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7099
Re: Guiseppe Iannascoli in Pescara, Italy area
Thanks for the suggestions... I know there is an LDS center somewhere around here, I just need to locate it, I guess.
Not ever having used one of their centers before, let me ask this ... will they have all of these films in their library, or will they have to "send out" for them? Should I call ...
Not ever having used one of their centers before, let me ask this ... will they have all of these films in their library, or will they have to "send out" for them? Should I call ...
- 11 Oct 2007, 15:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Guiseppe Iannascoli in Pescara, Italy area
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7099
Re: Guiseppe Iannascoli in Pescara, Italy area
Thanks - I am having trouble opening the links. Can you tell me where you found them and I'll go look them up?
Oh, okay ... I found them on Ancestry.com ... yes, those are the brothers. I know they must have other relations - Ellis Island has other Iannascolis and variations headed to NY, PA, and ...
Oh, okay ... I found them on Ancestry.com ... yes, those are the brothers. I know they must have other relations - Ellis Island has other Iannascolis and variations headed to NY, PA, and ...
- 11 Oct 2007, 14:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Guiseppe Iannascoli in Pescara, Italy area
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7099
Guiseppe Iannascoli in Pescara, Italy area
I am researching my ggrandfather's family in the Pescara area. I believe they were all from the Penne and Loreto Aprutino area.
My great grandfather was Biagio Iannascoli, and his brother was Rocco. When they both immigrated to the US, their names were changed at Ellis Island - Biagio became ...
My great grandfather was Biagio Iannascoli, and his brother was Rocco. When they both immigrated to the US, their names were changed at Ellis Island - Biagio became ...
- 11 Oct 2007, 14:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gaudio - from Piedimonte d'Alife, Italy to Buenos Aires
- Replies: 7
- Views: 31673
Gaudio - from Piedimonte d'Alife, Italy to Buenos Aires
I am trying to locate a side-branch of my family. Most of the descendents of my gggrandfather's side of the family who left Italy came to Rochester, New York. My gggrandfather (Raffaele Gaudio) stayed in Italy. I know he had at least three brothers: Guiseppe (died in Rochester, NY), Gaetano (died in ...