Search found 5 matches

by rsemenza
10 Dec 2007, 03:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Replies: 50
Views: 67425

Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY

I live in Connecticut now but I still get back to New Rochelle to visit my family and friends, especially since the book was published. It is called "The Last Best of All Times" and you can obtain it at Xlibris.com (or send me a private message and I will get it to at a lower price and I will sign ...
by rsemenza
05 Dec 2007, 15:25
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Replies: 50
Views: 67425

Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY

I was raised in the "West" and have many memories of the comments made by "hahmastro" and "nyjudi" - you can see some on my earlier postings on this website re a book I have written to keep those memories alive. I am having a book signing at the Boys (and now Girls) club on 4th street on May 4 - if ...
by rsemenza
17 Oct 2007, 12:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Replies: 50
Views: 67425

Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY

I sure do remember - I knew Joe Passarelli who worked in Caruso's dress shop on Union where my mother and aunt worked - Zito's, etc are all mentioned in my book which I have mentioned.
by rsemenza
17 Oct 2007, 11:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Replies: 50
Views: 67425

Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY

My wife was from St Joseph's St- her maiden name was Vaccaro and her mother was a D'Onofrio-she is related to a number of the names mentioned in the various messages on this website. I was raised on Union Ave between 2nd and 3rd. There are 2 other books out about the "West" written by Anthony D ...
by rsemenza
16 Oct 2007, 16:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Replies: 50
Views: 67425

Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY

My wife's family is from Bonefro and they imigrated to New Rochelle where she was born. I have written a book (The Last Best of All Times) about my early years in New Rochelle; it includes anticdotes about the "Bunnies" and the section of town where many of them resided......referred to as PSA. If ...