Search found 10 matches

by dematteo2
29 Dec 2007, 20:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: finding great grandparent's death certificates
Replies: 8
Views: 5688

Re: finding great grandparent's death certificates

Thanks pink. I searched again because apparently I wasn't searching correctly. Unfortunately, the info you provided belongs to a different Albert. My GFF's DOB was March 17, 1891 and his wife's was August 19th, 1890. I did find a Maria De Matteo whose last residence was the Bronx, but her birthday ...
by dematteo2
29 Dec 2007, 19:45
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: finding great grandparent's death certificates
Replies: 8
Views: 5688

Re: finding great grandparent's death certificates

Thanks Peter. I used that link you provided and didn't come up with anything. Maybe you'll have better luck. My GFF's name is Albert (Alberto) De Matteo and he died in the late 60's, early 70's in the Bronx. His wife's name is Mary (Maria) De Matteo and I believe she also died around that time. I ...
by dematteo2
28 Dec 2007, 21:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: finding great grandparent's death certificates
Replies: 8
Views: 5688

finding great grandparent's death certificates

I have almost every document I need to begin the application process for dual citizenship, but I am missing two key documents---my great grandparent's death certificates. My grandfather has no idea when his parents died, nor do any of his living siblings. I find it a little strange not knowing when ...
by dematteo2
17 Dec 2007, 18:45
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: name alteration
Replies: 19
Views: 20589

Re: name alteration

Thanks peggy. The name on my GGF's marriage certificate is Alberto, as he was married in Italy. I am still awaiting my GF's birth certificate, but if I were to guess what his father's name was at the time of birth I'd say Alberto. This is simply based on the fact that my GGF's first name on the 1920 ...
by dematteo2
17 Dec 2007, 18:07
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: name alteration
Replies: 19
Views: 20589

name alteration

The name on my bisnonno's certificate of naturalization is Albert Ciro De Matteo, which was changed from Alberto (on his birth certificate). Will this minor discrepancy have any impact on the application process? If so, how do I go about making any necessary changes to the document so that I don't ...
by dematteo2
29 Nov 2007, 03:13
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Comune di Napoli
Replies: 1
Views: 3519

Comune di Napoli

Would anybody be able to give me the proper address for the Ufficio dello Stato Civile for the Comune di Napoli? I am writing a request for birth and marriage certificates and I don't know where to send it to. Thanks for your help!
by dematteo2
28 Nov 2007, 14:55
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Which Certificates?
Replies: 5
Views: 5247

Re: Which Certificates?

I took a look at the Los Angeles consulate online (where I will be applying) and it requires certificates for both the paternal and maternal side. I'm going to call just to make sure. I just don't understand why the whole process isn't universal. I guess I'll just have to move to New York ...
by dematteo2
28 Nov 2007, 09:40
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Which Certificates?
Replies: 5
Views: 5247

Which Certificates?

I have read posts on other forums that somebody was able to receive Italian citizenship with a limited number of certificates. What I mean is, this person provided the birth, marriage, death and naturalization certificates for his bisnonno; the birth and marriage certificates for his nonno; the ...
by dematteo2
27 Nov 2007, 17:43
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Naturalization Information
Replies: 4
Views: 5215

Re: Naturalization Information

Thanks a lot for the help you guys. Much appreciated!!
by dematteo2
27 Nov 2007, 08:11
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Naturalization Information
Replies: 4
Views: 5215

Naturalization Information

Hello. I'm sure questions like these have been answered, but here it goes...I am trying to obtain naturalization records for my great grandfather, Alberto De Matteo. Unfortunately, anybody that would know anything about this is no longer living. I know that he left Naples Italy on February 7th, 1914 ...