Yes, I know they weren't twins, as I said I thought they were initially because their records were consecutive, which usually happens with twins. But then the dates were backdated.
Anyhow, thanks for confirming the dates I had. No idea why the these birth records were backdated, usually when it's ...
Search found 284 matches
- 23 Sep 2026, 23:52
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: thought they were twins but… just reported years later?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 331
- 23 Sep 2026, 03:06
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: thought they were twins but… just reported years later?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 331
thought they were twins but… just reported years later?
This seems odd but it looks like on these consecutive 1837 records (it’s faint so it’s hard to read)
Salvadore was born… April 19, 1821?
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua374443/wWN96x6
and Rosaria was born… April 12 1823?
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua374443 ...
Salvadore was born… April 19, 1821?
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua374443/wWN96x6
and Rosaria was born… April 12 1823?
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua374443 ...
- 19 Sep 2026, 02:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Unh Latin 1879 marriage supplement
- Replies: 3
- Views: 610
Re: Unh Latin 1879 marriage supplement
Darn. Google told me it meant dead. But that’s why I checked! Thanks.
- 17 Sep 2026, 22:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Unh Latin 1879 marriage supplement
- Replies: 3
- Views: 610
Unh Latin 1879 marriage supplement
I’m interested in the last part at the bottom of this Foti birth act, “Dominicus Rombes obt Joanna Miceli”
Just want to confirm my assumption that this is Latin for Domenico fu Giovanni.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 7-9TVL-BNR
Just want to confirm my assumption that this is Latin for Domenico fu Giovanni.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 7-9TVL-BNR
- 16 Sep 2026, 23:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Gualtiere marriage supplement
- Replies: 3
- Views: 608
Re: Gualtiere marriage supplement
Stanislao is a deputy chancellor, his name is all over the place as bureaucratic functionary on people’s documents… but obviously this is familial. I don’t usually look at marriage supplements and notarized testimony. Is this… normal? Is she a minor?
- 16 Sep 2026, 16:28
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Gualtiere marriage supplement
- Replies: 3
- Views: 608
Gualtiere marriage supplement
Actually I don’t know if it’s Qualtiere or Gualtiere, and Cognomix lists both. Widow of Placido, mother of Letteria. Not really sure why Letteria is listed. Is her daughter just giving testimony that dad is dead so she is free to remarry Stanislao?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ ...
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ ...
- 16 Sep 2026, 05:40
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Retranscribed Spadaro death in… Acireale?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 667
Re: Retranscribed Spadaro death in… Acireale?
Yes, many branches of my grandmother’s family were wiped out. Luckily for me she’d emigrated a few years earlier.
I’m treating most recorded deaths in 1909, even in March and May, as earthquake deaths if they mention cadaver, even if they don’t say earthquake explicitly. I assume everything was ...
I’m treating most recorded deaths in 1909, even in March and May, as earthquake deaths if they mention cadaver, even if they don’t say earthquake explicitly. I assume everything was ...
- 15 Sep 2026, 20:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Retranscribed Spadaro death in… Acireale?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 667
Retranscribed Spadaro death in… Acireale?
I can’t tell what’s going on lol
When did she die, 1908 or 1912
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... -89XW-QQXZ
When did she die, 1908 or 1912
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... -89XW-QQXZ
- 15 Sep 2026, 19:58
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: dalla libera Margherita…
- Replies: 2
- Views: 687
Re: dalla libera Margherita…
Makes more sense!
I’d actually like it to be Tama, but it’s a weird T and looks… off
I’d actually like it to be Tama, but it’s a weird T and looks… off
- 15 Sep 2026, 01:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: dalla libera Margherita…
- Replies: 2
- Views: 687
dalla libera Margherita…
What do you think it says? FamilySearch thinks it’s Tama. I’m not sure…
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... -C34W-L588
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... -C34W-L588
- 13 Sep 2026, 23:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Margin notes on a birth record
- Replies: 1
- Views: 715
Margin notes on a birth record
The first note says he removed Ferro from Cagliari Ferro in 1914.
The next one, he married someone named Grazia in 1917 in Siracusa? I’m not sure of the wife’s surname.
And lastly, he died… Russia… war… 1948? I dunno. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... -95N4-9TFZ
The next one, he married someone named Grazia in 1917 in Siracusa? I’m not sure of the wife’s surname.
And lastly, he died… Russia… war… 1948? I dunno. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... -95N4-9TFZ
- 09 Sep 2026, 10:07
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Legitimized by birth (margin notes)
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1159
Re: Legitimized by birth (margin notes)
Very interesting, thanks!
- 09 Sep 2026, 04:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Legitimized by birth (margin notes)
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1159
Legitimized by birth (margin notes)
I think I understand that the birth of Carmelo was legitimized by the marriage and that (I think) the surname switched (Perri -> Rombes), but then the mention of Domenico was confusing, as was a birth record for Domenico with no margin notes.
Carmelo
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ ...
Carmelo
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ ...
- 09 Sep 2026, 02:27
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage record, 1836
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1083
Re: Marriage record, 1836
Oh, yes, ok, she has a half-brother from her father’s first marriage; he’s about 10 years older. I was confused because her father was still alive. Guess he couldn’t handle things, so pawned her off.
Unfortunately I’ve never been able to find out more about Dorotea as she died when her girls were ...
Unfortunately I’ve never been able to find out more about Dorotea as she died when her girls were ...
- 08 Sep 2026, 21:56
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Marriage record, 1836
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1083
Marriage record, 1836
Two questions about this guy who married his wife’s younger sister:
1. In other records, his mother Concetta had the same surname as his dad, but here it’s different but I can’t read it.
2. There is a note about the sister aspect of this marriage, but I can’t quite read it and also I’m not sure ...
1. In other records, his mother Concetta had the same surname as his dad, but here it’s different but I can’t read it.
2. There is a note about the sister aspect of this marriage, but I can’t quite read it and also I’m not sure ...