Thanks, I had already checked the Ellis Island registry. I believe the name is as I have it. I have found many errors in the Ellis Island info with regard to spelling of names that I know and place of origin.
Thanks for the reply,
Gene
Search found 7 matches
- 11 Dec 2007, 12:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for siblings of Calogero Fradella
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7199
- 09 Dec 2007, 12:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for siblings of Calogero Fradella
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7199
Re: Looking for siblings of Calogero Fradella
Peg:
Thanks so much for the link. I'm just getting into the research end after exhausting the knowledge of family members. So these sources are definitely helpful. Do you know how to get into the US Census data for 1910? Were there censuses taken in 1900?
Thanks much for any further info you can ...
Thanks so much for the link. I'm just getting into the research end after exhausting the knowledge of family members. So these sources are definitely helpful. Do you know how to get into the US Census data for 1910? Were there censuses taken in 1900?
Thanks much for any further info you can ...
- 09 Dec 2007, 00:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for siblings of Calogero Fradella
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7199
Looking for siblings of Calogero Fradella
Calogero Fradella was my greatgrandfather born in 1854 in Porto Empedocle, Sicily. He came to NYC with his wife Carmela Paxhia in 1914. I know that he had several siblings a sister named Giovanna (never came to America) and sisters Michelina and Carmela who did come to the US. I know there were ...
- 08 Dec 2007, 23:54
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: What is "wife" in Italian?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 23812
Re: What is "wife" in Italian?
In Sicilian dialect the word for wife is probably written mugghiere but pronouced as someone else said as "mool yer ei." Of course, figlio and figla are son and daughter respectively.
- 08 Dec 2007, 23:45
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Italian to American names
- Replies: 15
- Views: 20043
Re: Italian to American names
There's no connection between Salvatore and Charles. Sometimes Giovanna became Jennie or Janet.
- 08 Dec 2007, 21:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives
- Replies: 33
- Views: 28074
Re: Can you help me please? Ellis Island Relatives
Don't dismiss the Frank Fradella family presented above by VaDeb as not being related. They also came from Porto Empedocle. As was indicated, there was a son Alfonso who may or not be related to Onofrio. I have a Fradella lineage. My grandmother was a Fradella and arrived at Ellis Island in 1914 ...
- 08 Dec 2007, 21:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can someone figure out this name?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5304
Re: Can someone figure out this name?
I also think the names are reversed as is common in Italy. I believe it's brother-in-law Nicola Becci
Good luck
Good luck