I just want to double-check that by GGGF's birthdate is not an issue.
He was born in the area of what is now La Spezia in Aug 1859. He emigrated from Italy in 1884. It is my understanding - and if someone could provide me the Italian law on this I would be appreciative - that people born/living in ...
Search found 64 matches
- 12 Aug 2009, 02:47
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: GGGF born in 1859
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3080
- 08 Jul 2009, 04:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need fresh ship manifest link for Maria Rizzo
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4935
Re: Need fresh ship manifest link for Maria Rizzo
http://www.comune.ceriale.sv.it/servizi ... epage.aspx
This is the website for Ceriale, the comune where my GGM was born, but I don't see anything pertaining to the Stato Civile and where to write to for her birth record.
Can someone please help me.
Thanks!
This is the website for Ceriale, the comune where my GGM was born, but I don't see anything pertaining to the Stato Civile and where to write to for her birth record.
Thanks!
- 07 Jul 2009, 18:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need fresh ship manifest link for Maria Rizzo
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4935
Re: Need fresh ship manifest link for Maria Rizzo
Actually, I just found her church matrimonial certificate, which states she was baptized in Ceriale , and thus was not from Ceriana, as written on the manifest! Furthermore, Ceriale is much much closer to Pietra Ligure and in the same province of Savona. Ceriana is in the province of Imperia near ...
- 07 Jul 2009, 17:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need fresh ship manifest link for Maria Rizzo
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4935
Re: Need fresh ship manifest link for Maria Rizzo
Thanks for the link. You know, I tried finding her birth certificate under the last name Rizzo in both Pietra Ligure and Ceriana, but there was nothing. I guess I might need to try under "Villa", the mother's maiden name?? Perhaps Pietro Rizzo was her second husband or something?? If you look on the ...
- 07 Jul 2009, 05:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need fresh ship manifest link for Maria Rizzo
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4935
Need fresh ship manifest link for Maria Rizzo
Rizzo/Villa
Possibly related manifest
Silvia Villa and 4 children
17 Mar 1907 SS Virginia Genoa to NY
1907 manifest
- all born in Pietra Ligure (Savona, Liguria)
Note: Pietra Ligure is located abt 60 km sw of Genoa
Silvia Villa 30 (abt 1887)
- last residence Ceriana (Imperia, Liguria ...
Possibly related manifest
Silvia Villa and 4 children
17 Mar 1907 SS Virginia Genoa to NY
1907 manifest
- all born in Pietra Ligure (Savona, Liguria)
Note: Pietra Ligure is located abt 60 km sw of Genoa
Silvia Villa 30 (abt 1887)
- last residence Ceriana (Imperia, Liguria ...
- 06 Jul 2009, 23:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need to affirm back four generations
- Replies: 69
- Views: 81585
Re: need to affirm back four generations
Rizzo/Villa
Possibly related manifest
Silvia Villa and 4 children
17 Mar 1907 SS Virginia Genoa to NY
1907 manifest
- all born in Pietra Ligure (Savona, Liguria)
Note: Pietra Ligure is located abt 60 km sw of Genoa
Silvia Villa 30 (abt 1887)
- last residence Ceriana (Imperia, Liguria ...
Possibly related manifest
Silvia Villa and 4 children
17 Mar 1907 SS Virginia Genoa to NY
1907 manifest
- all born in Pietra Ligure (Savona, Liguria)
Note: Pietra Ligure is located abt 60 km sw of Genoa
Silvia Villa 30 (abt 1887)
- last residence Ceriana (Imperia, Liguria ...
- 06 Jul 2009, 23:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need to affirm back four generations
- Replies: 69
- Views: 81585
Re: need to affirm back four generations
Rizzo/Villa
Possibly related manifest
Silvia Villa and 4 children
17 Mar 1907 SS Virginia Genoa to NY
1907 manifest
- all born in Pietra Ligure (Savona, Liguria)
Note: Pietra Ligure is located abt 60 km sw of Genoa
Silvia Villa 30 (abt 1887)
- last residence Ceriana (Imperia, Liguria ...
Possibly related manifest
Silvia Villa and 4 children
17 Mar 1907 SS Virginia Genoa to NY
1907 manifest
- all born in Pietra Ligure (Savona, Liguria)
Note: Pietra Ligure is located abt 60 km sw of Genoa
Silvia Villa 30 (abt 1887)
- last residence Ceriana (Imperia, Liguria ...
- 01 Jul 2009, 23:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need to affirm back four generations
- Replies: 69
- Views: 81585
Re: need to affirm back four generations
Greetings all.
Ok, I have requested Maria Rizzo's birth certificate from both Ceriana (last residence) and Pietra Ligure and both have turned up negative. According the ship manifest, these are the only two possibilities. Should I give up? Any suggestions? Maybe look under Maria Villa, even though ...
Ok, I have requested Maria Rizzo's birth certificate from both Ceriana (last residence) and Pietra Ligure and both have turned up negative. According the ship manifest, these are the only two possibilities. Should I give up? Any suggestions? Maybe look under Maria Villa, even though ...
- 27 May 2009, 15:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian middle names
- Replies: 3
- Views: 20411
Italian middle names
I'm curious whether Italians have the custom of giving a middle name or not. (My hunch is they do not.) If so, was this always the case?
- 06 May 2009, 21:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Alla ricerca di Maria De Vincenzi
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7419
Re: Alla ricerca di Maria De Vincenzi
Great job suanj! So how come she is nicknamed Maria on so many documents though? Which name should I search for her birth certificate under? Maria? Maddalena? both?
Now, I just need to find what city or region she was from in Italy. Like I said before, it's probably Varese Ligure (La Spezia), but I ...
Now, I just need to find what city or region she was from in Italy. Like I said before, it's probably Varese Ligure (La Spezia), but I ...
- 03 May 2009, 21:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Alla ricerca di Maria De Vincenzi
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7419
Re: Alla ricerca di Maria De Vincenzi
Apparently this last name is common in Liguria, particularly in La Spezia and Genoa; however, I have not been able to locate the birth record in Liguria. Is there any other region where this last name might have a good chance of being found? She was born in 1868 by the way. Grazie a tutti.
if you ...
if you ...
- 01 May 2009, 19:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Alla ricerca di Maria De Vincenzi
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7419
Alla ricerca di Maria De Vincenzi
Apparently this last name is common in Liguria, particularly in La Spezia and Genoa; however, I have not been able to locate the birth record in Liguria. Is there any other region where this last name might have a good chance of being found? She was born in 1868 by the way. Grazie a tutti.
- 20 Apr 2009, 06:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: June 13, 1912 Nationality Law
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5881
June 13, 1912 Nationality Law
Does anyone have a copy of this law (in English please)? I would like to read it for myself.
- 01 Mar 2009, 04:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need to affirm back four generations
- Replies: 69
- Views: 81585
Re: need to affirm back four generations
Also the manifest reads something like "Ceriana" under column 10, last town of residence.
Is the breakdown like this largest to smallest: Liguria, Savona, Pietra Ligure? Are there communes or hamlets of Pietra Ligure, or is that as small as it gets? Is Ceriana a hamlet? Ceriana is also relatively ...
Is the breakdown like this largest to smallest: Liguria, Savona, Pietra Ligure? Are there communes or hamlets of Pietra Ligure, or is that as small as it gets? Is Ceriana a hamlet? Ceriana is also relatively ...
- 01 Mar 2009, 04:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need to affirm back four generations
- Replies: 69
- Views: 81585
Re: need to affirm back four generations
[quote="vj"] Rizzo/Villa
Possibly related manifest
Silvia Villa and 4 children
17 Mar 1907 SS Virginia Genoa to NY
1907 manifest
- all born in Pietra Ligure (Savona, Liguria)
Note: Pietra Ligure is located abt 60 km sw of Genoa
I am trying to order my GGM's birth certificate, and I was ...
Possibly related manifest
Silvia Villa and 4 children
17 Mar 1907 SS Virginia Genoa to NY
1907 manifest
- all born in Pietra Ligure (Savona, Liguria)
Note: Pietra Ligure is located abt 60 km sw of Genoa
I am trying to order my GGM's birth certificate, and I was ...