Search found 21 matches
- 31 Mar 2011, 03:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding out about Antonio Petolino
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8247
Re: Finding out about Antonio Petolino
Mary Faith this is your cousin Joann. This is absolutely the best and most helpful website for Italian genealogy that I have found. Terrific people researching!
- 03 Mar 2011, 06:05
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Gen. Roberto Brusati
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5982
Re: Gen. Roberto Brusati
Rick, just saw your post. Thank you very much. Joann
- 24 Jan 2011, 01:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding out about Antonio Petolino
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8247
Re: Finding out about Antonio Petolino
Laura, thank you very much for all of the information. It is valuable to me.
- 23 Jan 2011, 03:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding out about Antonio Petolino
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8247
Re: Finding out about Antonio Petolino
Amand!! I am continuing my research on my Petolino, Pietropinto, and Nigro ancestors from San Fele. I have neglected it the past 2 years because of my husband's death and other committments, but I hope to gradually get back to it. I have found some minimal information about my Petolino relatives in ...
- 31 May 2010, 22:37
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Gen. Roberto Brusati
- Replies: 3
- Views: 5982
Gen. Roberto Brusati
I am seeking some detailed biographical data on General Roberto Brusati (abt 1850-1935). I have found some references to him in WW! literature. For a time he was in charge of the Italian First Army which did battle in Asiago and later was removed from command. I am interested in his life, his family ...
- 16 Nov 2009, 04:34
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Nutrice location and description and obtaining records
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7908
Re: Nutrice location and description and obtaining records
Perhaps you mean either MATRICE or NUCETTA?? There is no comune Nutrice nor any Frazioni(neighborhood or suburb of a comune).
Once we have the town of origin your on your way!! =Peter= Peter, thank you for your response. I shall go back to my source and ask more questions. I have researched ...
Once we have the town of origin your on your way!! =Peter= Peter, thank you for your response. I shall go back to my source and ask more questions. I have researched ...
- 13 Nov 2009, 18:25
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Nutrice location and description and obtaining records
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7908
Nutrice location and description and obtaining records
Since first contacting your forum I have made great progress in locating info about my father, Joseph Brusatto, or as I have found his real name is Ascanio Esposito Brusati. He was raised by Stephano (aka Rosario) Celli and his wife Francesca Maria Durante Celli. It seems he may have been born in ...
- 06 May 2008, 01:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding out about Antonio Petolino
- Replies: 13
- Views: 8247
Finding out about Antonio Petolino
I would appreciate help finding information about my great-grandfather, Antonio Petolino. His parents were Francesco and Anna Maria Nigro. He was born in San Fele, Potenza, 3 Jun 1848, and married Margherita Pietropinto, born 4 Jan 1852 in San Fele. Her parents were Domenicantonio and Lucia Lunghino ...
- 26 Apr 2008, 23:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating response from Catanzaro Archives
- Replies: 6
- Views: 9682
Re: Help translating response from Catanzaro Archives
I have studied the Sorbo San Basile records over and over and cannot find a birth record with his name. Are there separate records for foundlings or is it likely he was not born there? I found records for his "Parents" and their other children and other family members, but not him. Could he have ...
- 26 Apr 2008, 20:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding out about Brusatto
- Replies: 28
- Views: 23203
Re: Finding out about Brusatto
Many thanks. Joann
- 26 Apr 2008, 19:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding out about Brusatto
- Replies: 28
- Views: 23203
Re: Finding out about Brusatto
Thank you, I shall contact Sorbo San Basile. I do not think my father was every formally "adopted" but as you say was raised from birth by the family. Any ideas on why he may have been given the name Ascanio Brusati? I appreciate your help and I shall keep you informed. Joann
- 26 Apr 2008, 18:27
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating response from Catanzaro Archives
- Replies: 6
- Views: 9682
Re: Help translating response from Catanzaro Archives
Julo, I actuallydid post the names correctly-what you see is the Catanzaro Archives own translation of what I wrote. I share your doubts about a Foundling Home in Sorbo. I must find another way to get info. Thanks for your help.
- 26 Apr 2008, 17:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding out about Brusatto
- Replies: 28
- Views: 23203
Re: Finding out about Brusatto
What an interesting find, and thank you for the information. The two items of interest are incorrect. My father came to the U.S. in 1905 with his "adopted" mother (documented) and went to Denver, Colorado. My mother was not an "al", but as shown two columns later was born in New Jersey (documented ...
- 23 Apr 2008, 01:04
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating response from Catanzaro Archives
- Replies: 6
- Views: 9682
Help translating response from Catanzaro Archives
I received this in response to a letter requesting information on my father in a foundling home in Sorbo San Basile. I would very much appreciate help translating it.
Oggetto: Richiesta, notizie su Ascanio Brusasti, Celli Di Giuseppe, 1896.
In esito alla Sua richiesta, Le cummunichiamo, che questo ...
Oggetto: Richiesta, notizie su Ascanio Brusasti, Celli Di Giuseppe, 1896.
In esito alla Sua richiesta, Le cummunichiamo, che questo ...
- 24 Mar 2008, 22:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding out about Brusatto
- Replies: 28
- Views: 23203
Re: Finding out about Brusatto
On Decembaer 30, 2007 you gave me great help by giving me resources to help locate my father, Ascanio Brusati whom I knew as Joseph Chali Brusatto in Sorbo San Basile, Catanzaro, Calabria. His "adopted" parents were Stefano Celli (aka Rosario in the U.S.) and Francesca Maria Durante. While viewing ...