Search found 3 matches

by mblangero
06 Apr 2009, 15:00
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Tomaso Giordano - Valgranna / Diano d'Alba
Replies: 5
Views: 6462

Re: Tomaso Giordano - Valgranna / Diano d'Alba

Peter,

Thank you for this information. However, it is about one year late! Since my original question, I have been to Italy, I visited the comune of Valgrana and obtained my grandfather's birth info. from the municipio there. In addition, the clerk there looked for other siblings plus or minus ten ...
by mblangero
28 Apr 2008, 14:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Tomaso Giordano - Valgranna / Diano d'Alba
Replies: 5
Views: 6462

Re: Tomaso Giordano - Valgranna / Diano d'Alba

Yes, I do have this information. I found it some time ago. I also have found his WWI and WWII draft registrations (United States). He changed his name from Giordano to Blangero shortly after he had to register for WWI because he thought his Italian military service would guarantee his draft into the ...
by mblangero
27 Apr 2008, 22:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Tomaso Giordano - Valgranna / Diano d'Alba
Replies: 5
Views: 6462

Tomaso Giordano - Valgranna / Diano d'Alba

I will be traveling to Italy in June and I hope to find information on my grandfather and his family. I know he was born in Valgrana on 2-16-1890. I believe he lived some of his childhood in Diano d'Alba. He was in the Italian army 1911-1912 and fought in Lybia. He lived in a monestary near his ...