Search found 37 matches
- 24 Jun 2011, 03:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Husbands family "LaRocca" from Palermo Sicily
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5533
Re: Husbands family "LaRocca" from Palermo Sicily
I came across many LaRoccas today while searching Belmonte Mezzagno, Sicily.
- 24 Jun 2011, 03:30
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Belmonte Mezzagno, Sicily
- Replies: 22
- Views: 11746
Re: Belmonte Mezzagno, Sicily
While at the Family History Center today, I was scanning a microfilm on Belmonte. The name Chinnici started to appear around 1874...seems the name Nicoletta MAY have been in there. Next time I am up there, I will look and see.
- 23 Jun 2011, 02:21
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Belmonte Mezzagno, Sicily
- Replies: 22
- Views: 11746
Re: Belmonte Mezzagno, Sicily
I am not sure where my last post went to but at this website I found a photo of a Giovanni Chinnici, one must scroll through SEVERAL photos of Belmonte Mezz. to get to it.
www.mezzagnohistory.it/
www.mezzagnohistory.it/
- 11 Jun 2011, 23:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Writing to potential relatives in Belmonte
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2420
- 09 Jun 2011, 01:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Writing to potential relatives in Belmonte
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2420
Re: Writing to potential relatives in Belmonte
I believe it to be Sicily because the man she married in Manhattan was also from Belmonte (Giovanni LaRosa) and I find a Giovanni on the manifest later coming from his father's place in "Belmonte, Mez."
- 09 Jun 2011, 01:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Writing to potential relatives in Belmonte
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2420
Re: Writing to potential relatives in Belmonte
On the ship manifest it says Belmonte...
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Ftif2gif%2Eexe%3FT%3D%5C%5C%5C%5C192%2E168%2E100%2E11%5C%5CIMAGES%5C%5CT715%2D0090%5C%5CT715%2D00900287%2ETIF%26S%3D%2E5&pID=603529070256&name=Maria%26nbsp%3BPiraino&doa=Nov+04%2C+1899 ...
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Ftif2gif%2Eexe%3FT%3D%5C%5C%5C%5C192%2E168%2E100%2E11%5C%5CIMAGES%5C%5CT715%2D0090%5C%5CT715%2D00900287%2ETIF%26S%3D%2E5&pID=603529070256&name=Maria%26nbsp%3BPiraino&doa=Nov+04%2C+1899 ...
- 08 Jun 2011, 02:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Writing to potential relatives in Belmonte
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2420
Writing to potential relatives in Belmonte
How would I find a "white pages" for potential relatives in Belmonte? I know I have seen these Italian pages before but cannot local them.
- 23 May 2011, 05:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Belmonte, Mezzagno
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2615
Re: Belmonte, Mezzagno
The marriage certificate states that he was living in Williamstown, PA. I went to the 1900 census for that area and found him, listed born 1871 in Italy.
The records you found list them as returning from father (in law) Guglielmo La Rosa in Belmonte. This certainly fits where previous passenger ...
The records you found list them as returning from father (in law) Guglielmo La Rosa in Belmonte. This certainly fits where previous passenger ...
- 23 May 2011, 04:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Coming to America
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3686
Re: Coming to America
Thank you! Found it! 
- 20 May 2011, 02:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Belmonte, Mezzagno
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2615
Re: Belmonte, Mezzagno
Carmine,
Now I am baffled. I know I have Maria & Giovanni's Marriage certificate. And that they had my grandma Angeline in Manhattan in 1902 then in 1908 she is remarried and has kids with an Alessandro Gambino in western NY. If Giovanni did not die, could they have divorced?
Marcy
Now I am baffled. I know I have Maria & Giovanni's Marriage certificate. And that they had my grandma Angeline in Manhattan in 1902 then in 1908 she is remarried and has kids with an Alessandro Gambino in western NY. If Giovanni did not die, could they have divorced?
Marcy
- 18 May 2011, 02:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Belmonte, Mezzagno
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2615
Belmonte, Mezzagno
I am trying to find more information on my grandmother's real father, Giovanni LaRosa. In his Manhattan marriage certificate of 1901, he is listed as 29 and his parents are Gugliclino (sp?) and Angela (Buttacavoli) of Belmonte. Are there other ports that can be looked up on line the same way Ellis ...
- 17 May 2011, 02:29
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Belmonte Mezzagno, Sicily
- Replies: 22
- Views: 11746
Re: Belmonte Mezzagno, Sicily
Hi Joann,
Could you please see if you have records for Elizabetta Buttacavoli, b. 11 May 1860? Father was Giovanni Buttacavoli and mother was Nicolina Varnace. She married Antonino Fero b. 1862. He may have been born in San Cipirello.
I would be very curious to see the results. Recently I found ...
Could you please see if you have records for Elizabetta Buttacavoli, b. 11 May 1860? Father was Giovanni Buttacavoli and mother was Nicolina Varnace. She married Antonino Fero b. 1862. He may have been born in San Cipirello.
I would be very curious to see the results. Recently I found ...
- 17 May 2011, 00:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Port of Naples
- Replies: 0
- Views: 921
Port of Naples
Does anyone know if there were passenger lists of people going into the port of Naples circa 1900-1910?
- 13 May 2011, 02:05
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Coming to America
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3686
Re: Coming to America
Do you know the author for "La Storia"?
- 08 May 2011, 23:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Coming to America
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3686
Re: Coming to America
Thank you, T...I will look that one up.