Search found 20 matches

by Barga
24 May 2008, 23:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Biagi/Funai/Casci family, San Pietro, Barga
Replies: 12
Views: 17410

Re: Biagi/Funai/Casci family, San Pietro, Barga

Antonio Biagi
7 St Andrews Road
Renfrew
Scotland
tel 0044 0141 886 2869
by Barga
04 May 2008, 21:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Benigni
Replies: 8
Views: 9900

Re: Benigni

HI the most famous present italian actor is Roberto Benigni from
Tuscany. Its a tuscan name. It means "bringer of Good"
by Barga
04 May 2008, 21:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: paginebianche.it Results for Russo - Am I stupid?
Replies: 4
Views: 9084

Re: paginebianche.it Results for Russo - Am I stupid?

PS

One of them in Scotland was named "SCAR FACE RUSSO" and was in and out of prison in Scotland. Such a pity because italians generally were the best ever imigrants
by Barga
04 May 2008, 21:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: paginebianche.it Results for Russo - Am I stupid?
Replies: 4
Views: 9084

Re: paginebianche.it Results for Russo - Am I stupid?

There are Russos in Glasgow Scotland too.
I watch quiz shows on Italian TV RAI and I found out that Russo
Meaning "red" in southern dialect is the most common surname in Italy
by Barga
04 May 2008, 21:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Isle of Man
Replies: 0
Views: 3138

Isle of Man

Does anyone know of anybody who knew my father:
Giuseppe Franchi who was interned on the Isleof Man during WW2
He was from Fosciandora Lupinaia Lucca
and he was quiet and he lived in Glasgow alter on wher he had a fish and chip shop
by Barga
04 May 2008, 21:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Different vowel endings in Italian surnames?
Replies: 3
Views: 6820

Re: Different vowel endings in Italian surnames?

NO its not plural

Its Latin The i ending means belonging to

eg Name Piero = Peter Pieri = Belonging to Peter Its NOT Italian Its
Latin
by Barga
04 May 2008, 21:35
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: First names
Replies: 16
Views: 23550

Re: First names

Spelling: Giuseppe Peppe beppe Peppino Pino

Attillo English: Atila (as in the Hun)


San Biagio Parton Saint of THroats
by Barga
04 May 2008, 21:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: What did I do wrong?
Replies: 11
Views: 10763

Re: What did I do wrong?

Find otut he name of the local church and there will be records there.

BY THE WAY INFO FOR ALL
ITALIANS OF FIST GENERATION LIVING ABROAD USUSALLY GET DEPRESSED
by Barga
04 May 2008, 21:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Information on Agostini family requested
Replies: 6
Views: 6931

Re: Information on Agostini family requested

Hi

There are many Agostini s in Glasgow Scotland from Barga
by Barga
04 May 2008, 21:20
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: More translating please.
Replies: 4
Views: 5162

Re: More translating please.

Translations aren't free. My duaghter does it FOR A LIVING
by Barga
04 May 2008, 21:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: gizzi famiglia
Replies: 10
Views: 10321

Re: gizzi famiglia

ITS CAMPAGNIA
And alsot here are many in SCotland GB
by Barga
04 May 2008, 21:17
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Cavalieri = knight
Replies: 6
Views: 7705

Re: Cavalieri = knight

Hi

I think you will find the name implies the servant of a nobleman
by Barga
04 May 2008, 21:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Intermarriages in Sicily...
Replies: 5
Views: 9220

Re: Intermarriages in Sicily...

Sicilians are very very territorial
by Barga
04 May 2008, 21:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: My italian name
Replies: 2
Views: 3728

Re: My italian name

Short for Niccolo nicholas