Thanks!
Search found 13 matches
- 12 Dec 2025, 22:10
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Assistance with a word in a birth record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3268
Re: Assistance with a word in a birth record
Of course! Why is it so obvious when it is pointed out? Sigh.
Thanks!
Thanks!
- 12 Dec 2025, 20:06
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Assistance with a word in a birth record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3268
Assistance with a word in a birth record
Hello,
Attached is page 2 of a birth record in which I am having trouble with one word underlined in yellow. Any assistance is most appreciated.
"...of his wife, Anna Maria Tanniciello, daughter of Gennero, [ word in question], house wife,....
Attached is page 2 of a birth record in which I am having trouble with one word underlined in yellow. Any assistance is most appreciated.
"...of his wife, Anna Maria Tanniciello, daughter of Gennero, [ word in question], house wife,....
- 17 Nov 2025, 19:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stati di Famiglia??
- Replies: 2
- Views: 7130
Re: Stati di Famiglia??
Thanks Mark. After a little more digging I found that I should be asking for the CERTIFICATO STORICO DI FAMIGLIA for this type of document particularly one of such old dates.
- 15 Nov 2025, 15:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stati di Famiglia??
- Replies: 2
- Views: 7130
Stati di Famiglia??
Hello
Quite awhile ago, I was working on a different Italian line and the comune sent me a document that unfortunately does not have a title telling me what the document is called. (I did not ask for the document though luckily it was included in with copies of birth and marriage records.) It lists ...
Quite awhile ago, I was working on a different Italian line and the comune sent me a document that unfortunately does not have a title telling me what the document is called. (I did not ask for the document though luckily it was included in with copies of birth and marriage records.) It lists ...
- 12 Sep 2025, 13:43
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with some words on birth/baptism record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 7426
Re: Help with some words on birth/baptism record
Thank you so much!!!
I had my brother, who took Latin, look at it but the handwriting stumped him.
Much appreciated!
I had my brother, who took Latin, look at it but the handwriting stumped him.
Much appreciated!
- 11 Sep 2025, 22:33
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Trying to decipher occupation
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14804
Re: Trying to decipher occupation
I appreciate the insight!
- 11 Sep 2025, 22:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with some words on birth/baptism record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 7426
Help with some words on birth/baptism record
This is an extract of birth and baptism acquired from the Matromonial Allegati files for Teresa Lucia Fornaciari.
I cannot determine the date of birth on this certificate; the year is 1818. I do not understand the word after Pietro, but I am presuming it some reference to him being of Francesco ...
I cannot determine the date of birth on this certificate; the year is 1818. I do not understand the word after Pietro, but I am presuming it some reference to him being of Francesco ...
- 29 Aug 2025, 20:10
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Trying to decipher occupation
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14804
Re: Trying to decipher occupation
Sorry thought zooming in would be more beneficial. I've attached the two.
Yes the family lived in Gattatico amongst other towns in the area.
Yes the family lived in Gattatico amongst other towns in the area.
- 28 Aug 2025, 19:45
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Trying to decipher occupation
- Replies: 5
- Views: 14804
Trying to decipher occupation
Attached are snippets from a marriage and death records, which list the occupation of Pietro Soncini. I have highlighted the word in yellow. Can anyone tell me what the profession is?
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
- 10 May 2008, 15:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Deciphering & Translation Assistance of Atti di Matrimon
- Replies: 8
- Views: 11735
Re: Deciphering & Translation Assistance of Atti di Matr
By increasing to 200% it certainly seems to say:
EUZELA/SICILIA/
But I can find no trace of such a place. It might be a frazione or a contrada, but it doesn't seem to be a village or hamlet...
I FOUND IT!!! Your "Euzela" gave me a clue and I typed in "Enzola" and bingo, I found this at the ...
EUZELA/SICILIA/
But I can find no trace of such a place. It might be a frazione or a contrada, but it doesn't seem to be a village or hamlet...
I FOUND IT!!! Your "Euzela" gave me a clue and I typed in "Enzola" and bingo, I found this at the ...
- 10 May 2008, 14:33
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Deciphering & Translation Assistance of Atti di Matrimon
- Replies: 8
- Views: 11735
Re: Deciphering & Translation Assistance of Atti di Matr
By increasing to 200% it certainly seems to say:
EUZELA/SICILIA/
But I can find no trace of such a place. It might be a frazione or a contrada, but it doesn't seem to be a village or hamlet...
I also have an extract from Felino of their marriage that was made in 1951. It shows a birth place ...
EUZELA/SICILIA/
But I can find no trace of such a place. It might be a frazione or a contrada, but it doesn't seem to be a village or hamlet...
I also have an extract from Felino of their marriage that was made in 1951. It shows a birth place ...
- 09 May 2008, 17:17
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Deciphering & Translation Assistance of Atti di Matrimon
- Replies: 8
- Views: 11735
Re: Deciphering & Translation Assistance of Atti di Matr
HI Searching,
Old Italian Script can take a little while to get used to reading. Why don't you post a copy of the record you are trying to read and someone should be able to help you.
Debbie
Hi Debbie:
I thought I DID upload the file as an attachment. I've followed the FAQ directions twice in ...
Old Italian Script can take a little while to get used to reading. Why don't you post a copy of the record you are trying to read and someone should be able to help you.
Debbie
Hi Debbie:
I thought I DID upload the file as an attachment. I've followed the FAQ directions twice in ...
- 09 May 2008, 14:10
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Deciphering & Translation Assistance of Atti di Matrimon
- Replies: 8
- Views: 11735
Deciphering & Translation Assistance of Atti di Matrimon
Hello: I need help in deciphering and translating some of the words on the attached Atti di Matrimonio from 1875. Since I cannot seem to be able to add an attachment, I have placed a link to the document http://picasaweb.google.com/searchingfamilyhistory/EugenioMoriDocuments/photo ...