Thanks very much, I appreciate your help!
One further question (seems obvious, but I have to ask):
Are the apostilles obtained from the Secretary of State in the state where the individual applying for dual citizenship resides?
For example, if I live in Massachusetts (and am applying through the ...
Search found 10 matches
- 24 Dec 2009, 15:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Does this scenario qualify?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6249
- 23 Dec 2009, 16:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Does this scenario qualify?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6249
Does this scenario qualify?
Helping a friend start the dual citizenship process and want to be sure the following scenario qualifies before proceeding:
Friend - born in 1978 in U.S.A.
Friend's father - born in 1954 in U.S.A.
Friend's paternal grandmother - born in 1932 in U.S.A.
Friend's paternal grandmother's father ...
Friend - born in 1978 in U.S.A.
Friend's father - born in 1954 in U.S.A.
Friend's paternal grandmother - born in 1932 in U.S.A.
Friend's paternal grandmother's father ...
- 16 Apr 2009, 14:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with this sentence....
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4792
Re: Help with this sentence....
Excellent, this makes much more sense now. Thanks very much for your help!
- 13 Apr 2009, 18:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with this sentence....
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4792
Help with this sentence....
Can someone please tell me what my cousin is trying to say to me here?
I know that she is saying that Enzo is very excited about my arrival, however the second part of the sentence I don't quite understand. She seems to be saying that he has made an agreement with me, but I think I may be ...
I know that she is saying that Enzo is very excited about my arrival, however the second part of the sentence I don't quite understand. She seems to be saying that he has made an agreement with me, but I think I may be ...
- 17 Sep 2008, 14:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Cemeteries Question
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7174
Re: Italian Cemeteries Question
Laura,
Thanks for the information and the link.
It is the same here in the U.S., sometimes you will find signs posted in private cemeteries here stating that photography (among other things) is forbidden. In fact, there was a recent incident that appeared in a local newspaper where two women were ...
Thanks for the information and the link.
It is the same here in the U.S., sometimes you will find signs posted in private cemeteries here stating that photography (among other things) is forbidden. In fact, there was a recent incident that appeared in a local newspaper where two women were ...
- 17 Sep 2008, 14:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Cemeteries Question
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7174
Re: Italian Cemeteries Question
This is what my cousins in Italy said as well, they had never heard of this law. However, they both also dismissed it and told me not to worry about it. The only place I've ever heard/read about this law was on a couple postings on this forum. I know things in Italy can vary greatly from region to ...
- 17 Sep 2008, 13:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Cemeteries Question
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7174
Italian Cemeteries Question
I have read a couple postings on this forum over the past year or so stating that it is illegal to photograph gravestones in Italian cemeteries.
I thought perhaps our experts here could shed some more light on this topic.
My cousins, who live in a small town in the province of Savona, have sent me ...
I thought perhaps our experts here could shed some more light on this topic.
My cousins, who live in a small town in the province of Savona, have sent me ...
- 13 Jun 2008, 14:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio Lio (b. 1869) of Serrastretta
- Replies: 10
- Views: 14523
Re: Antonio Lio (b. 1869) of Serrastretta
VJ - Thanks for the marriage license link. I have a copy of the 1907 license for "Antonio Lio" to "Antonia Molinaro," which happens to be a coincidence of names as "my" Antonio Lio married Palma Molinaro (his first wife Maria died in Philadelphia in 1908).
So there were definitely two Antonio Lio's ...
So there were definitely two Antonio Lio's ...
- 12 Jun 2008, 21:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio Lio (b. 1869) of Serrastretta
- Replies: 10
- Views: 14523
Re: Antonio Lio (b. 1869) of Serrastretta
Biff & James,
Thank you both for your helpful replies.
Biff - I have not attempted to contact the town hall in Serrastretta as yet. I have admittedly only been casually perusing for information about Antonio Lio and family for a cousin of mine (this is her paternal line). I looked for Antonio and ...
Thank you both for your helpful replies.
Biff - I have not attempted to contact the town hall in Serrastretta as yet. I have admittedly only been casually perusing for information about Antonio Lio and family for a cousin of mine (this is her paternal line). I looked for Antonio and ...
- 12 Jun 2008, 16:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio Lio (b. 1869) of Serrastretta
- Replies: 10
- Views: 14523
Antonio Lio (b. 1869) of Serrastretta
Anyone else out there researching the surname LIO in Serrastretta (Catanzaro, Calabria)?
I am searching for parents, etc. for Antonio LIO, b. ca. 1869 in Serrastretta. I know he had at least one older brother, Francesco LIO (b. ca. 1861/62).
I have the Ellis ship manifests for Antonio and ...
I am searching for parents, etc. for Antonio LIO, b. ca. 1869 in Serrastretta. I know he had at least one older brother, Francesco LIO (b. ca. 1861/62).
I have the Ellis ship manifests for Antonio and ...