Search found 17 matches
- 14 Dec 2009, 04:37
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Had my appointment in San Francisco
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7402
Re: Had my appointment in San Francisco
Great news! Out of the blue I got a call from Mrs Stone at the SF Consulate. We discussed my research at length and inability to find my g-grandfathers first wifes death certificate. I told her I had come to a dead end. Then to my amazement she said "Ok, never mind. Please fax me scans of your ...
- 09 Dec 2009, 06:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Had my appointment in San Francisco
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7402
Had my appointment in San Francisco
It's been almost 3 months since I had my long awaited appointment at the San Francisco Consulate. I have neglected reporting back to this forum that has helped and guided me over the past year and half, my apologies. Over all things went really well with one minor surprise. I met with Anna Maria ...
- 06 Sep 2009, 05:52
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: San Francisco Consulate
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2967
San Francisco Consulate
After waiting almost 18 months I have my appointment this month in San Francisco. It's been a long journey but I have every single item completed and am looking forward to presenting what I've found.
My question is does anyone have any information, experience or advice on this particular consulate ...
My question is does anyone have any information, experience or advice on this particular consulate ...
- 22 Jul 2008, 21:38
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Process will take 3 to 4 years to become a citizen???
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5614
Re: Process will take 3 to 4 years to become a citizen???
Wow that's crazy... and more than a little disappointing. I guess you could argue that this weeds out the casual Italian "wannabees" from the people who are willing to put in the hard work, time and determination to become an Italian citizen.
I mainly wanted to make sure that this is the only ...
I mainly wanted to make sure that this is the only ...
- 22 Jul 2008, 15:13
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Process will take 3 to 4 years to become a citizen???
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5614
Process will take 3 to 4 years to become a citizen???
I just heard back from the Italian consulate in San Francisco. Their first available appointment for me to submit my application and documents is late 2009! I was then told after I submit that it will likely take 2 to 3 years for it to be approved.
Has anyone else encountered this? I was really ...
Has anyone else encountered this? I was really ...
- 22 Jul 2008, 15:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for The Corneto Family
- Replies: 33
- Views: 35355
Re: Searching for The Corneto Family
Thank you suanj!
- 21 Jul 2008, 14:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for The Corneto Family
- Replies: 33
- Views: 35355
Re: Searching for The Corneto Family
Suanj,
Thank you as always. It's amazing what you can find. Yes if you could prepare the text and tell me where to mail it I would be very greatful.
Thanks,
Anthony
Thank you as always. It's amazing what you can find. Yes if you could prepare the text and tell me where to mail it I would be very greatful.
Thanks,
Anthony
- 21 Jul 2008, 05:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for The Corneto Family
- Replies: 33
- Views: 35355
Re: Searching for The Corneto Family
Raffaella (suanj),
Here is some more information for you. I’ve also scanned the official documents I’ve found so far. I emailed them to you at suanj_it@yahoo.it
• Letterio stated his place of Birth in many places as Messina. This was stated on his naturalization record, two ship manifests ...
Here is some more information for you. I’ve also scanned the official documents I’ve found so far. I emailed them to you at suanj_it@yahoo.it
• Letterio stated his place of Birth in many places as Messina. This was stated on his naturalization record, two ship manifests ...
- 19 Jul 2008, 21:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for The Corneto Family
- Replies: 33
- Views: 35355
Re: Searching for The Corneto Family
well, Letterio Corneto in the trip of 1900 declaring that he was already in USA... I found him ship's manifest of 1899, California ship,
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/1517/letterio1999qx8.gif final destination Boston, and joining at Letterio Casale uncle; as last residence is Messina ...
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/1517/letterio1999qx8.gif final destination Boston, and joining at Letterio Casale uncle; as last residence is Messina ...
- 19 Jul 2008, 16:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Advice on who to hire to find a birth certificate
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5566
Re: Advice on who to hire to find a birth certificate
The records that were filmed were the second copies sent by the town to the State. It's always possible that they missed sending one or more.
Whe writing be sure to request a certificate for citizenship purposes. You might also request an 'fotocopia originale' is you want to further your family ...
Whe writing be sure to request a certificate for citizenship purposes. You might also request an 'fotocopia originale' is you want to further your family ...
- 18 Jul 2008, 02:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Advice on who to hire to find a birth certificate
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5566
Advice on who to hire to find a birth certificate
Hello to all. I wanted to update you on my search and ask a question. Since I was last here I have found a tremendous amount of important information thanks to everyone's advice. The most important item yet was a reply back with a copy of my great grandfathers naturalization papers from 1936. There ...
- 16 Jul 2008, 21:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for The Corneto Family
- Replies: 33
- Views: 35355
Re: Searching for The Corneto Family
I did look around that date a little but checking years wow! I would have to order all those years from the Mormons as well. I could be sitting at the Family History Center every night for weeks or months.
What about hiring someone in Italy? Would that be worth it in that they might be able to find ...
What about hiring someone in Italy? Would that be worth it in that they might be able to find ...
- 16 Jul 2008, 19:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for The Corneto Family
- Replies: 33
- Views: 35355
Re: Searching for The Corneto Family
Hey Anthony,
If you look at the ship's manifest I found, it says that Letterio came from Messina. Also, suanj is an expert on Italian names and localities. Believe me, if she says he was from Messina, he was from Messina. :wink:
The FHC has the records for Messina, but you cannot view them on ...
If you look at the ship's manifest I found, it says that Letterio came from Messina. Also, suanj is an expert on Italian names and localities. Believe me, if she says he was from Messina, he was from Messina. :wink:
The FHC has the records for Messina, but you cannot view them on ...
- 17 Jun 2008, 19:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for The Corneto Family
- Replies: 33
- Views: 35355
Re: Searching for The Corneto Family
Hi, the right italian spelling of first name is Letterio and not Lavena; Lavena in the wrong transcription of Letterio... before of anything you can look up the Mormon's microfilms abt Messina civil records http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display ...
- 16 Jun 2008, 22:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for The Corneto Family
- Replies: 33
- Views: 35355
Re: Searching for The Corneto Family
Hello,
It's clear now that you've found my great grandparents! I'm still amazed you found them so fast. I knew my grandmother Aida and grandfather Gaetano. I also knew my uncles Leonard and Thomas. So Lavena is my great grandfather and Francis is my great grandmother! Thank you!
Lavena Cornato 64 ...
It's clear now that you've found my great grandparents! I'm still amazed you found them so fast. I knew my grandmother Aida and grandfather Gaetano. I also knew my uncles Leonard and Thomas. So Lavena is my great grandfather and Francis is my great grandmother! Thank you!
Lavena Cornato 64 ...