I do have the marriage record from 1912 as well as an application for poor relief, his alien registration card and his death certificate.
All records list his mother's surname as "George" - we do believe it is Giorgio or Di Giorgio, but have nothing to confirm this.
I've looked into both;
1 ...
Search found 14 matches
- 16 Feb 2011, 08:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding town of origin...
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2483
- 14 Feb 2011, 09:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding town of origin...
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2483
Finding town of origin...
Does anyone have any hints on finding a town of origin for your ancestors? I'm stumped.
I have written to every state archive centre in the central region of Italy where my great grandfather is said to have been from with negative results. I'm not sure if LDS films would help me out because I don't ...
I have written to every state archive centre in the central region of Italy where my great grandfather is said to have been from with negative results. I'm not sure if LDS films would help me out because I don't ...
- 27 Feb 2009, 14:39
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Municipal Bands (Banda Della Citta)
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11917
Re: Municipal Bands (Banda Della Citta)
Now that I have some better search terms to go by I've also found this website for anyone interested;
http://www.bandamusicale.it/bande/italia/
Thanks again for your help - I just might find what I'm looking for
http://www.bandamusicale.it/bande/italia/
Thanks again for your help - I just might find what I'm looking for
- 27 Feb 2009, 14:30
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Municipal Bands (Banda Della Citta)
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11917
Re: Municipal Bands (Banda Della Citta)
That is fantastic elba! Thank you so much!! Exactly what I was looking for!
I swear I've searched for everything...banda della citta, banda musicale, musicante, banda municipale, town name + banda, you name it lol
It doesn't help that my Italian is super basic
I swear I've searched for everything...banda della citta, banda musicale, musicante, banda municipale, town name + banda, you name it lol
It doesn't help that my Italian is super basic
- 27 Feb 2009, 03:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Huge dilemma!
- Replies: 16
- Views: 18445
Re: Huge dilemma!
Thanks Marisa...
We have looked into the Verrecchia connection with no luck.
We did find info on the other two Roselli children on Scotlands People, but I'm pretty sure I never wrote to Pozzilli (I'm not sure why though...it's probably the *only* place I haven't written to at this point in my ...
We have looked into the Verrecchia connection with no luck.
We did find info on the other two Roselli children on Scotlands People, but I'm pretty sure I never wrote to Pozzilli (I'm not sure why though...it's probably the *only* place I haven't written to at this point in my ...
- 27 Feb 2009, 03:26
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Municipal Bands (Banda Della Citta)
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11917
Re: Municipal Bands (Banda Della Citta)
Thanks Johnny...
Sorry obviously wasn't clear enough when speaking of the certificates - they were for my great grandfather (which is mentioned in my original post here...)
With regards to this specific thread, I'm not looking for more info on my grandfather per se, just on these municipal bands ...
Sorry obviously wasn't clear enough when speaking of the certificates - they were for my great grandfather (which is mentioned in my original post here...)
With regards to this specific thread, I'm not looking for more info on my grandfather per se, just on these municipal bands ...
- 26 Feb 2009, 15:20
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Municipal Bands (Banda Della Citta)
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11917
Re: Municipal Bands (Banda Della Citta)
There are no markings, names or dates on the photo. I have had a historian and uniformologist look at it though and they have confirmed that the uniform he is wearing is that of a "musicante" (not military as I had hoped as that would have made my searching much easier!) and that the style of ...
- 26 Feb 2009, 02:49
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Municipal Bands (Banda Della Citta)
- Replies: 9
- Views: 11917
Municipal Bands (Banda Della Citta)
Just wondering if anyone might have any information on Italy's "Municipal Bands". From my understanding almost every city and town had a local municipal band which played at civil ceremonies, weddings, funerals, visiting dignitaries & national holidays. The members of the band were supposedly chosen ...
- 15 Aug 2008, 13:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Huge dilemma!
- Replies: 16
- Views: 18445
Re: Huge dilemma!
Beth - we compared pictures with the woman who had the information on Salvatore and Maria, and none of their sons were my ggrandfather unfortunately
Just a coincidence!
- 15 Aug 2008, 02:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Huge dilemma!
- Replies: 16
- Views: 18445
Re: Huge dilemma!
We've scrutinized findmypast.com, scotlands people, have had people in the UK scouring the Mitchell library archives, ancestry.com, freebmd, you name it we've looked!
The records we have found are his marriage registration - no info about where he comes from, his death certificate - no info about ...
The records we have found are his marriage registration - no info about where he comes from, his death certificate - no info about ...
- 14 Aug 2008, 23:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Huge dilemma!
- Replies: 16
- Views: 18445
Re: Huge dilemma!
I should mention that it's not really finding information in Britain that's the problem, it's finding information in Italy because we're not sure where in Italy he's from.
- 14 Aug 2008, 23:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Huge dilemma!
- Replies: 16
- Views: 18445
Re: Huge dilemma!
Thanks all for your input - we've searched all over Scotland for records and thus far have only found his marriage record, death record and his alien registration card which another family member had.
There seems to be no record of his entry to Scotland at all, and with such vague information ...
There seems to be no record of his entry to Scotland at all, and with such vague information ...
- 14 Aug 2008, 17:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Huge dilemma!
- Replies: 16
- Views: 18445
Huge dilemma!
My father and I have been searching desperately for several years to find our family's Italian roots.
The only information we have is this;
My great grandfather is Francesco Roselli (born about 1884) in an unknown part of Italy. His parents are listed on several documents as Salvatore Roselli ...
The only information we have is this;
My great grandfather is Francesco Roselli (born about 1884) in an unknown part of Italy. His parents are listed on several documents as Salvatore Roselli ...
- 15 Jul 2008, 16:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation help please!?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4832
Translation help please!?
I've exhausted every lead into my great grandfather's family - my last resort (other than traveling to Italy myself) is to write to obtain his military records - except I don't know Italian and the form letter I based this from is for another type of record and I've had to change some parts.
I ...
I ...