Search found 7 matches
- 29 Jan 2010, 02:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Questions: Apostile, No records found, and Chicago
- Replies: 9
- Views: 7217
Re: Questions: Apostile, No records found, and Chicago
That's good advice, though I suppose I should clarify that I'm not talking about surnames, just first names. The last name is consistent throughout all documents. I'm also sympathetic to the needs of my family and the consulate, I'm just trying to figure out what my options are before going any ...
- 28 Jan 2010, 23:28
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Questions: Apostile, No records found, and Chicago
- Replies: 9
- Views: 7217
Re: Questions: Apostile, No records found, and Chicago
Thanks for the answers!
Two of the individuals will have discrepancies, both are no longer living.
My great great grandfather's death certificate lists the correct birth date, but the wrong year, and lists his wife's anglicized name.
My grandfather was born with a traditional italian name, but ...
Two of the individuals will have discrepancies, both are no longer living.
My great great grandfather's death certificate lists the correct birth date, but the wrong year, and lists his wife's anglicized name.
My grandfather was born with a traditional italian name, but ...
- 28 Jan 2010, 22:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Questions: Apostile, No records found, and Chicago
- Replies: 9
- Views: 7217
Questions: Apostile, No records found, and Chicago
Hi everyone, I'm slowly gathering documents to apply through Chicago, but I have a few, mostly unrelated questions. Hopefully someone who has gone through this can help me out.
1) Does the birth certificate of the Italian born ancestor need and apostille? If so, was this hard to get?
2) I have a ...
1) Does the birth certificate of the Italian born ancestor need and apostille? If so, was this hard to get?
2) I have a ...
- 11 Jan 2010, 22:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: USCIS Document Found; No Naturalization
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4009
Re: USCIS Document Found; No Naturalization
I have a question related to this: I received a certified record from USCIS stating they found no record. I have letters from the state and county courts as well as nara, but these are not certified, and it does not appear possible to receive certified copies of them. Will this be a problem?
- 18 Aug 2009, 23:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How do I certify NARA has no records?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 10155
Re: How do I certify NARA has no records?
Thanks Peter, I'm looking for something exactly like that. I was about to order, but I realized that's for the New York field office. Unfortunately it appears as if the Chicago office does not provide any such letter. Has anyone else encountered this problem? What did you do?
- 18 Aug 2009, 17:36
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How do I certify NARA has no records?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 10155
How do I certify NARA has no records?
I'm wondering how I can get a document from NARA stating that they do not have naturalization records for one of my ancestors.
Luckily I live near a regional office, which I just visited. I searched through their microfilm and did not find any record, though the person who helped me said they have ...
Luckily I live near a regional office, which I just visited. I searched through their microfilm and did not find any record, though the person who helped me said they have ...
- 26 Jul 2008, 17:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship clarification
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3446
Citizenship clarification
Hi everyone, I've got some questions about whether or not I and my family qualify for Italian citizenship. I've found bits and pieces of information from looking around this board, but there are still some things that I'm confused about.
My great-great-grandfather was born in Italy in about 1859 ...
My great-great-grandfather was born in Italy in about 1859 ...