Here's an update. I recently contacted an Italian lawyer through Trentini nel Mondo who clarified the situation. She said that there could be two ways for me to get citizenship.
1) My great-grandfather was born in Innsbruck but grew up and lived in Trento because his family was from there. Because ...
Search found 5 matches
- 04 Oct 2008, 09:16
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian Passport?
- Replies: 38
- Views: 52421
- 27 Sep 2008, 02:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian Passport?
- Replies: 38
- Views: 52421
Re: Italian Passport?
mler, that makes sense. Grazie.
I'll see about using my great-great-grandfather.
I'll see about using my great-great-grandfather.
- 26 Sep 2008, 01:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian Passport?
- Replies: 38
- Views: 52421
Re: Italian Passport?
Hey guys, I applied for an appointment for citizenship at the San Francisco consulate with the intention of using Legge 379/2000 and I was told that I cannot use my great-grandmother. I specifically mentioned Legge 379/2000.
They said:
"You cannot apply through (your great-grandmother) because ...
They said:
"You cannot apply through (your great-grandmother) because ...
- 22 Sep 2008, 05:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian Passport?
- Replies: 38
- Views: 52421
Re: Italian Passport?
Riccardo, thanks for your reply. I will be applying through SF and it's good to know the approximate time it'll take.
- 20 Sep 2008, 02:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian Passport?
- Replies: 38
- Views: 52421
Re: Italian Passport?
Hi, does anyone here know anyone who has obtained citizenship through Law 379/2000 yet? I'm going to apply through my great-grandmother and am curious how long it will take. Judging by what people have said here, I'm expecting a long time.