Have you done that successfully?
The state's web site says the same thing they told me by both letter and email--you must have a notarized letter on consulate letterhead explaining the reason for the request.
This only pertains to certified copies of vital records. Uncertified "geneology copies ...
Search found 5 matches
- 05 Oct 2008, 23:49
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: New York State--documents not normally entitled to
- Replies: 21
- Views: 21700
- 05 Oct 2008, 15:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: New York State--documents not normally entitled to
- Replies: 21
- Views: 21700
Re: New York State--documents not normally entitled to
Thanks again to all the info provided. For reference to others in the same situation, here is the outcome of my attempt to get vital records of deceased ancestors from NYS DOH.
I wrote a letter referencing the NY Italian Consulate's web site stating they do not provide letters for individuals as ...
I wrote a letter referencing the NY Italian Consulate's web site stating they do not provide letters for individuals as ...
- 27 Sep 2008, 10:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: POLL: Length of time to complete dual citizenship
- Replies: 13
- Views: 13798
POLL: Length of time to complete dual citizenship
I don't see an option to do a real poll with this software, but anyways....
If you were a US citizen who later obtained dual citizenship with Italy jure sanguinis, how long did it take you to do so, start to finish?
If you finished within a year, that would be the fastest I ever heard. Usually ...
If you were a US citizen who later obtained dual citizenship with Italy jure sanguinis, how long did it take you to do so, start to finish?
If you finished within a year, that would be the fastest I ever heard. Usually ...
- 23 Sep 2008, 23:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: New York State--documents not normally entitled to
- Replies: 21
- Views: 21700
Re: New York State--documents not normally entitled to
Thank you for your prompt responses. I already checked on the court order; the NYS Court emailed me stating that is not the method--I must get it through Vital Records in Albany.
I suppose I will have my letter notarized and see what happens. If I've got no success, I will call my senator.
Oh ...
I suppose I will have my letter notarized and see what happens. If I've got no success, I will call my senator.
Oh ...
- 23 Sep 2008, 22:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: New York State--documents not normally entitled to
- Replies: 21
- Views: 21700
New York State--documents not normally entitled to
This is not a question pertaining to New York City. New York State only.
They want an original letter from the consulate explaining why I need my ancestors' vital records. The consulate's web site specifically states they will not do this.
I am going to write a letter explaining this, just ...
They want an original letter from the consulate explaining why I need my ancestors' vital records. The consulate's web site specifically states they will not do this.
I am going to write a letter explaining this, just ...