Search found 11 matches

by CarmenP
16 Oct 2008, 19:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!
Replies: 31
Views: 29063

Re: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!

THANK YOU!!! :) :) :)


EDITED TO ADD:

warriorrabbit: I see the post, and the cert number, but I don't see (sorry!) anything about IGG? I am ignorant here, so you may well have given it to me, I just don't know what I am looking for!

TY! :)
by CarmenP
16 Oct 2008, 18:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!
Replies: 31
Views: 29063

Re: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!

Wow, that's great info, thanks! You're right, I have a LOT to work off of, and in pushing my mom to remember more about names and dates, I have found QUITE a lot of information about all the siblings (my mom's mom's and my mom's dad's siblings).

I will definitely look into the FHC/filmed records ...
by CarmenP
16 Oct 2008, 15:21
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!
Replies: 31
Views: 29063

Re: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!

Just checkin' back in and saying Thank YOU ALL for the help!

I did hit up ancestry.com -- since all 4 branches of my mom's side of the family tree (mom's parents and their parents) came to the US in the early 1900's-1930's, beyond any US record/census, I have little to go on to go backward any ...
by CarmenP
13 Oct 2008, 15:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!
Replies: 31
Views: 29063

Re: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!

HOLY COW!! That is indeed my family (Amitrano). Those names (Ralph, Tony, Evie, Vickie, Joey, Sal, Louie) are ALL the siblings (whom I met over my lifetime -- all the boys are now deceased :( )

Thank you for all this!!

I am so grateful for all of the help that I have received here, and all the ...
by CarmenP
13 Oct 2008, 00:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!
Replies: 31
Views: 29063

Re: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!

Hi All!

Such great info, thanks!!

warriorrabbit: That should definitely be the Maria and Giuseppe Pacifico I am looking for. How can I research these municipal archives myself?

As for tracing backward from myself, my only source of info is my father. He is adopted, and thus (correctly or not ...
by CarmenP
12 Oct 2008, 20:36
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!
Replies: 31
Views: 29063

Re: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!

Interesting!! Likely, we are distantly related.

I think the Sabino that married Palmina is a direct ancestor. What other info do you have??

I have no info on Antonio and Rosa. Sorry! :(
by CarmenP
10 Oct 2008, 21:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!
Replies: 31
Views: 29063

Re: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!

Hello All!

I was able to sit down with my father today and get some names. It seems as if the Novaco Tree I found is indeed a list of my ancestors!! Going back, from myself.

Carmen
Guido Gabriele (Anne Marie)
Sabino (Carmella)
Gabriele (Sabina)
Sabino (Palmini)

and on and on...

Soooooooo

Now I ...
by CarmenP
10 Oct 2008, 01:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!
Replies: 31
Views: 29063

Re: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!

*LOL*

I applaud your ability to read that his wife/relative is Carmella!! WOW! I had to read that again and again to make it out -- I never even saw it the first time!!

I can't call my dad at the moment. I KNOW his parents were younger than my mom's parents. And they were born in 1916. So, my dad ...
by CarmenP
10 Oct 2008, 01:31
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!
Replies: 31
Views: 29063

Re: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!

It could very well be. Sabino came to the US (NY) with his brother (I need -- NEED -- to ask my dad for details) in the early 19-teens, but returned to Italy shortly thereafter because he and his brother refused to be victims of the Black Hand.

Thank you for that! I will need to show this to my ...
by CarmenP
09 Oct 2008, 23:21
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!
Replies: 31
Views: 29063

Re: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the welcome!!

A little background:

My father is adopted. His parents were BOTH born in, lived and died in Atripalda, Avellino. I can certainly ask him for HIS grandparents' names (and intend to) but anything beyond that will be foreign to him.

As my grandparents (his ...
by CarmenP
09 Oct 2008, 20:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Greetings! New User here, and a question!!
Replies: 31
Views: 29063

Greetings! New User here, and a question!!

Hello All!!

My name is Carmen. I was born in the town of Atripalda. My mom was asking me a question this morning, I hopped on the computer to find the answer, was doing some family/surname searches, one thing lead to another (I bet that's how it starts for a LOT of people) and now I am addicted, in ...