Thanks ELBA. I really appreciate your time and effort. This site is truley unbelievable. I'm sure it is due to the professional efforts of people like yourself. Once again, Thank You.
Joe Blackwell
Chicago
Search found 16 matches
- 14 Nov 2008, 16:22
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Needing a translation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6008
- 13 Nov 2008, 21:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Needing a translation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6008
Needing a translation
Caro Joseph,
io non parlo inglese e ti rispondo in italiano. Come hai visto nel mio sito, Felicita si chiamava di cognome anche lei Del Favero e Cavalier era, come è anche oggi, il soprannome di un ramo delle tante famiglie Del Favero di Valle. Il motivo di questo soprannome non lo conosco ma ...
io non parlo inglese e ti rispondo in italiano. Come hai visto nel mio sito, Felicita si chiamava di cognome anche lei Del Favero e Cavalier era, come è anche oggi, il soprannome di un ramo delle tante famiglie Del Favero di Valle. Il motivo di questo soprannome non lo conosco ma ...
- 09 Nov 2008, 14:52
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Certificate translation
- Replies: 15
- Views: 16327
Re: Certificate translation
Elba,
I shall attach your translation thread to the certificate and consider this particular case closed. Thanks for your time and effort.
Joe Blackwell
Chicago, IL
I shall attach your translation thread to the certificate and consider this particular case closed. Thanks for your time and effort.
Joe Blackwell
Chicago, IL
- 09 Nov 2008, 05:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Certificate translation
- Replies: 15
- Views: 16327
Re: Certificate translation
It seems to be a military release of obligations since Luigi was, (according to my records) living in the USA in 1917. I'm guessing he was not yet a citizen here and had to be released from Italy's draft requirements for WWI. Does that make sense to anyone?
Also a big thanks to Valerie and elba ...
Also a big thanks to Valerie and elba ...
- 08 Nov 2008, 15:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Certificate translation
- Replies: 15
- Views: 16327
Re: Certificate translation
Fourth try. Here goes nothing.
Trying to translate document. Thanks, Joe B.
Keeps failing. Is there a size limit on uploads? Mine is under 300KB.
I was able to upload my profile photo last week. That was under 6KB however.
I'm trying both Imageshack and my own blogsite. Neither seems to work ...
Trying to translate document. Thanks, Joe B.
Keeps failing. Is there a size limit on uploads? Mine is under 300KB.
I was able to upload my profile photo last week. That was under 6KB however.
I'm trying both Imageshack and my own blogsite. Neither seems to work ...
- 08 Nov 2008, 07:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Certificate translation
- Replies: 15
- Views: 16327
Re: Certificate translation
I followed imageshack instructions but image is not uploading? Guess I will work on it tomorrow.
Joe Blackwell
Chicago
Joe Blackwell
Chicago
- 08 Nov 2008, 07:34
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Certificate translation
- Replies: 15
- Views: 16327
Re: Certificate translation
Testing reply option. Doesn't seem to be working??
- 07 Nov 2008, 22:59
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Certificate translation
- Replies: 15
- Views: 16327
Re: Certificate translation
Thanks Valerie. I'll do that.
Joe B.
Joe B.
- 07 Nov 2008, 21:25
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Certificate translation
- Replies: 15
- Views: 16327
Re: Certificate translation
I'm sorry but the image is not uploading. I will try again.
Joe Blackwell
Chicago
Joe Blackwell
Chicago
- 07 Nov 2008, 21:17
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Certificate translation
- Replies: 15
- Views: 16327
Certificate translation
Would anyone know what this certificate states?
Thanks,
Joe Blackwell
Chicago, IL
Thanks,
Joe Blackwell
Chicago, IL
- 05 Nov 2008, 17:48
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: NEBBIU di Cadore (BL)
- Replies: 7
- Views: 16583
Re: NEBBIU di Cadore (BL)
I am really interested in your Nebbiu records. Maybe you can take a look for our grandfather?
I'm researching Francesco Romano (Luigi?) De Maso. Born Nebbiu 1866, emigrated to US 1896. Married Giuseppina Del Favero in 1896. She was a Del Favero from Valle di Cadore. The Del Favero line is well ...
I'm researching Francesco Romano (Luigi?) De Maso. Born Nebbiu 1866, emigrated to US 1896. Married Giuseppina Del Favero in 1896. She was a Del Favero from Valle di Cadore. The Del Favero line is well ...
- 05 Nov 2008, 14:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Nebbiu, (BL) Italy
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10913
Re: Francesco De Maso Nebbiu, (BL) Italy
Dan M.
Yes, the Francesco who emigrated in 1896 is in fact my wife's grandfather. It's his ancestry that I've been researching which sort of dead-ends in Nebbiu. Thanks for you time and assistance however.... Joe B.
Yes, the Francesco who emigrated in 1896 is in fact my wife's grandfather. It's his ancestry that I've been researching which sort of dead-ends in Nebbiu. Thanks for you time and assistance however.... Joe B.
- 03 Nov 2008, 19:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Nebbiu, (BL) Italy
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10913
Re: Nebbiu, (BL) Italy
I'm afraid you've got me there. What exactly is a frazione?
Joe B.
Joe B.
- 03 Nov 2008, 17:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Nebbiu, (BL) Italy
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10913
Re: Nebbiu, (BL) Italy
Joe Blackwell here again. I visited Tai di Cadore and Nebbiu' in 1999. Poor planning on my part and not speaking Italian worked against me, although the people in the area were wonderful and helpful. My question is: Is Tai di Cadore attached or related to Valle di Cadore, or is it a separate ...
- 03 Nov 2008, 15:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Nebbiu, (BL) Italy
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10913
Re: Nebbiu, (BL) Italy
I am requesting a birth certificate for Franceso De Maso from both Pieve di Cadore and Valle di Cadore. This I expect will take more than a little time. I thank both Peter and liviomoreno for their assistance in this matter. I will post the outcome of my request when it becomes available.
Joe ...
Joe ...