Search found 3 matches
- 24 Oct 2008, 18:21
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Sant'Agata, Catania
- Replies: 6
- Views: 8620
Sant'Agata, Catania
Would you interpret "S Agata, Catania" on an Ellis Island ship manifest to mean Sant'Agata li Battiati? I remember my grandfather mentioning Sant'Agata, but not "... li Battiati;" maybe the locals just called it Sant'Agata. The only other Sant'Agata I see in that area is in Messina.
- 23 Oct 2008, 19:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on Caccamo family in Catania before 1913
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5958
Re: Looking for info on Caccamo family in Catania before 191
Thank you, everybody.
VJ, I have seen the WWI draft registration and the naturalization card. Thank you for being so kind as to research it for me. I also have copies of all applicable US Census records. I've yet to use a Mormon family history library, which I think would be my next step. How ...
VJ, I have seen the WWI draft registration and the naturalization card. Thank you for being so kind as to research it for me. I also have copies of all applicable US Census records. I've yet to use a Mormon family history library, which I think would be my next step. How ...
- 23 Oct 2008, 18:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for info on Caccamo family in Catania before 1913
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5958
Looking for info on Caccamo family in Catania before 1913
Hello. This is a great forum.
I'd like to find information about my family in Sicily before they left for the US, but am not sure how to begin with the scant information I have. Here is what I know:
My great grandfather, Gennaro Caccamo (39), emigrated to the US in 1913. The Ellis Island ship ...
I'd like to find information about my family in Sicily before they left for the US, but am not sure how to begin with the scant information I have. Here is what I know:
My great grandfather, Gennaro Caccamo (39), emigrated to the US in 1913. The Ellis Island ship ...