Search found 4 matches

by michael.mandile
07 Nov 2008, 09:44
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Passenger record 1890, arrival NYC
Replies: 12
Views: 7373

Passenger record 1890, arrival NYC

Hi. I'm trying to find a record of my great granfather's arrival in the US, in New York I believe. I believe he left Italy in 1890, but I don't know the name of either the ship he was a passenger on or which port it sailed from. However, he was born and lived on the island of Salina in the Eolie ...
by michael.mandile
07 Nov 2008, 09:02
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Baptism certif. and school record needed from Salina, Eolie
Replies: 2
Views: 3337

Baptism certif. and school record needed from Salina, Eolie

Need a Baptism certificate and/or school record of attendance for my Great Grandfather who was born in 1870 in the town of Malfa on the island of Salina in the Eolie. Can someone tell me how to proceed? I heard there is a guy in the town who is a kind of archivist/historian who may be able to help ...
by michael.mandile
07 Nov 2008, 08:47
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Baptism cert, school record needed from Salina, Eolie
Replies: 0
Views: 3311

Baptism cert, school record needed from Salina, Eolie

Need a Baptism certificate and/or school record of attendance for my Great Grandfather who was born in 1870 in the town of Malfa on the island of Salina in the Eolie. Can someone tell me how to proceed? I heard there is a guy in the town who is a kind of archivist/historian who may be able to help ...
by michael.mandile
07 Nov 2008, 08:36
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: I need some help with an Italian word
Replies: 13
Views: 12901

Re: I need some help with an Italian word

Maybe the word you heard was dobbiamo which means "We must" or "we have to".