Since he was naturalized BEFORE my grandfather, doesnt that make me 3 degrees from him? Or does the naturalization not matter for residency??
Thanks,
Lisa
Search found 7 matches
- 24 Nov 2008, 13:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization for Italian descendent through residency??
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4936
- 23 Nov 2008, 22:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization for Italian descendent through residency??
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4936
Re: Naturalization for Italian descendent through residency?
Apparently I'm so confused by the whole process...sorry, I mean that he was naturalized BEFORE my grandfather was born. I assume Italian residency is my only option?
Thanks,
Lisa
Thanks,
Lisa
- 23 Nov 2008, 20:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization for Italian descendent through residency??
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4936
Naturalization for Italian descendent through residency??
I finally discovered that my great grandfather was naturalized after my grandfather's birth, which means that I cannot easily apply for dual citizenship. The grandmother on the other side was also born in Italy, but naturalized before having my father as well.
My question is whether or not it is ...
My question is whether or not it is ...
- 22 Nov 2008, 22:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Records in Italy
- Replies: 39
- Views: 81095
Re: Birth Records in Italy
Thank you for the information Valerie. Where did you find all of it? I have been using Ancestry.com and had seen the copy of the 1930 census. It was difficult to read, but under the column for Naturalization I assumed it said "no" not "na". This definitely changes my plans for applying for dual ...
- 22 Nov 2008, 19:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: POLL: Length of time to complete dual citizenship
- Replies: 13
- Views: 13798
Re: POLL: Length of time to complete dual citizenship
Hello Everyone,
I just recently began the process of gathering documents, when I discovered that I was eligible for dual citizenship through my great grandfather. I just scheduled an appointment at the Philadelphia Consulate for June 2009. My permanent address is in Pennsylvania, but is it possible ...
I just recently began the process of gathering documents, when I discovered that I was eligible for dual citizenship through my great grandfather. I just scheduled an appointment at the Philadelphia Consulate for June 2009. My permanent address is in Pennsylvania, but is it possible ...
- 19 Nov 2008, 11:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Records in Italy
- Replies: 39
- Views: 81095
Re: Birth Records in Italy
I suppose I should have mentioned that his name is Nicholas De Cerchio, if anyone has advice. Thanks again!
- 19 Nov 2008, 11:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Records in Italy
- Replies: 39
- Views: 81095
Re: Birth Records in Italy
My name is Lisa De Cerchio and I am looking for the birth records of my great grandfather. He was born in Villamagna in Chieti in 1896 and emigrated to the US around 1912. I am considering applying for Italian citizenship and I want to find out some of the exact details about my ancestry. I would ...