Search found 15 matches
- 28 Aug 2010, 23:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Two Thick Divorce Decrees
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2867
Re: Two Thick Divorce Decrees
Thanks for the reply, Johnny. I talked to the Houston Italian Chamber of Commerce (the name is close, may not be exact) recommended by the Houston Consulate for English/Italian translations and they told me documents were $50 a page and divorce decrees were $40 a page! That is at least 5k for just ...
- 27 Aug 2010, 00:26
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Two Thick Divorce Decrees
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2867
Two Thick Divorce Decrees
Hey Everybody~
I put my Italian Citizenship pursuit on the back burner for awhile due to other issues, but I'm back on it with determination.
I definitely qualify now that I have received my GF Naturalization docs (Petition, Declaration, Oath, Arrival). He was Naturalized in 1940 and my mother was ...
I put my Italian Citizenship pursuit on the back burner for awhile due to other issues, but I'm back on it with determination.
I definitely qualify now that I have received my GF Naturalization docs (Petition, Declaration, Oath, Arrival). He was Naturalized in 1940 and my mother was ...
- 25 Mar 2009, 02:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: The Hunt For Ancestors
- Replies: 27
- Views: 25782
Re: The Hunt For Ancestors
I can give you the basics
On the day - 18 the month of April the year 1907 the hour of 11 and minutes - 30 a boy was born (April 18, 1907.......11:30)
Name - Giovanbattista (Giovanni Battista) Grimaldi
Father - Giovanni
Mother - Nunzia Sabatino
Thank you,...do you think this document is ...
On the day - 18 the month of April the year 1907 the hour of 11 and minutes - 30 a boy was born (April 18, 1907.......11:30)
Name - Giovanbattista (Giovanni Battista) Grimaldi
Father - Giovanni
Mother - Nunzia Sabatino
Thank you,...do you think this document is ...
- 25 Mar 2009, 02:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: The Hunt For Ancestors
- Replies: 27
- Views: 25782
Re: The Hunt For Ancestors
There was also this...


- 25 Mar 2009, 01:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: The Hunt For Ancestors
- Replies: 27
- Views: 25782
Re: The Hunt For Ancestors
After several months, I finally heard back from Italy in reference to my grandfather's birth certificate...I don't read Italian, but it looks to be in the affirmative. If anybody would mind interpreting the doc for me, I would appreciate it.
Hopefully, I can figure out how to attach it....
http ...
Hopefully, I can figure out how to attach it....
http ...
- 20 Dec 2008, 02:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: The Hunt For Ancestors
- Replies: 27
- Views: 25782
Re: The Hunt For Ancestors
It sounds like the Naturalization certified docs are the most time consuming docs to get. I hope the new system has shortened the time.
I appreciate all the help.
Bob
I appreciate all the help.
Bob
- 17 Dec 2008, 03:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: The Hunt For Ancestors
- Replies: 27
- Views: 25782
Re: The Hunt For Ancestors
The District is 1...went to the Family History Center website and found a vault film number (2370886) for Hartford District Court within the alphabetized name perimeters. Should the way to proceed be to order the film from the FHC, make a copy (assuming I find it), use the number off the document to ...
- 16 Dec 2008, 16:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: The Hunt For Ancestors
- Replies: 27
- Views: 25782
Re: The Hunt For Ancestors
I'm seeking advice on finding my grandfather's naturalization records...I have the annotations from the ship manifest (thanks to Valarie), John (Giovanni) Grimaldi, #1-163679 on 3/7?/36 and the 505 on 3/28/36.
How should I go about this?
Thanks,
Bob
How should I go about this?
Thanks,
Bob
- 15 Dec 2008, 17:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: The Hunt For Ancestors
- Replies: 27
- Views: 25782
Re: The Hunt For Ancestors
Nuccia~ You answered everything and I thank you.
This forum is a treasure trove of accurate information and insight, with really nice and helpful people...I'm very pleased I found y'all. I hope at some point I might have something to contribute...so far I'm needy.
This forum is a treasure trove of accurate information and insight, with really nice and helpful people...I'm very pleased I found y'all. I hope at some point I might have something to contribute...so far I'm needy.
- 15 Dec 2008, 16:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: The Hunt For Ancestors
- Replies: 27
- Views: 25782
Re: The Hunt For Ancestors
Thanks for the response Nuccia...I like the sound of your name, is the name Nuccia related to Nunzia?
On the issue of following up a request to Italy, how would one go about doing that? A phone call (in english?...I'm sure that would go over well 8O ), email, someone in Italy?
Also, is there a way ...
On the issue of following up a request to Italy, how would one go about doing that? A phone call (in english?...I'm sure that would go over well 8O ), email, someone in Italy?
Also, is there a way ...
- 15 Dec 2008, 14:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: The Hunt For Ancestors
- Replies: 27
- Views: 25782
Re: The Hunt For Ancestors
What do you think about me faxing my letter seeking a copy of my grandfather's birth certificate from the Town Hall in Sessa Aurunca versus mailing it?
I found a fax number, and I was just thinking it might be more efficient and less expense to them to internet fax or email me a copy? Would a faxed ...
I found a fax number, and I was just thinking it might be more efficient and less expense to them to internet fax or email me a copy? Would a faxed ...
- 14 Dec 2008, 19:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: The Hunt For Ancestors
- Replies: 27
- Views: 25782
Re: The Hunt For Ancestors
Valarie~ It's amazing that you found them on the 1910 Census with a misspelled last name and location...I'm impressed.
I located them on the 1920 and 1930 Census', and the names were spelled correctly and they lived in Hartford (both sides of my mother's family lived in the Hartford area all their ...
I located them on the 1920 and 1930 Census', and the names were spelled correctly and they lived in Hartford (both sides of my mother's family lived in the Hartford area all their ...
- 14 Dec 2008, 16:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: The Hunt For Ancestors
- Replies: 27
- Views: 25782
Re: The Hunt For Ancestors
Thanks for the additional info Peter and ricbru, you guys are great.
It's exciting discovering all of these connections...kinda like making a full circle.
It's exciting discovering all of these connections...kinda like making a full circle.
- 14 Dec 2008, 04:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: The Hunt For Ancestors
- Replies: 27
- Views: 25782
Re: The Hunt For Ancestors
vj!!!! Thank you so much...I saw the notations on the manifest, but I had no idea whatsoever that they provided clues to the Naturalization process. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this forum and that you were so kind to help...I really appreciate it!
It looks like I'm good to go...if the notations ...
It looks like I'm good to go...if the notations ...
- 13 Dec 2008, 23:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: The Hunt For Ancestors
- Replies: 27
- Views: 25782
The Hunt For Ancestors
Hey Everybody! I'm in the process of gathering information about my Italian family in order to apply for dual citizenship jure sanquinis . Here are the basics...my maternal grandfather was born in Italy in 1907 (Naples/Sessa) and immigrated with his family through New York (found the ship manifest ...