Jacamerica, wonderful to hear of you're success, especially since it was the first letter you've sent. Maybe the 'reverendo padre' is more helpful than is was led to believe.
It would certainly be an advantage to know an english speaking Garzeno resident, willing to help with genealogical research ...
Search found 4 matches
- 20 Dec 2008, 09:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bordessa Family, Garzeno
- Replies: 16
- Views: 15132
- 16 Dec 2008, 15:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bordessa Family, Garzeno
- Replies: 16
- Views: 15132
Re: Bordessa Family, Garzeno
Peter and wldspirit, thank you both for your valuable input. At least I now have some ideas where to start.
Garry
Garry
- 16 Dec 2008, 14:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bordessa Family, Garzeno
- Replies: 16
- Views: 15132
Re: Bordessa Family, Garzeno
Thank you wldspirit, I figured it was not going to be easy.
I was told that the priest was helpful, although he was only looking for the record concerning Pietro Gaspare Bordessa. The lack of a full translation would suggest that he would not be too happy in any extensive research.
Have you any ...
I was told that the priest was helpful, although he was only looking for the record concerning Pietro Gaspare Bordessa. The lack of a full translation would suggest that he would not be too happy in any extensive research.
Have you any ...
- 16 Dec 2008, 14:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bordessa Family, Garzeno
- Replies: 16
- Views: 15132
Bordessa Family, Garzeno
I am tyring to find any information about my ancestors, who originate from Garzeno, Lombardia. Pietro Gaspare Bordessa was born in 1800, then moved to Chester, UK, in mid 1820's. Another relative has managed to obtain a photo copy of his baptism record, stating his father as Giacomo Bordessa, and ...