Search found 2 matches

by Destin2BeItaliano
18 Jan 2009, 11:38
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Finding my GGF Naturalization Info
Replies: 1
Views: 3008

Finding my GGF Naturalization Info

I requested an index search about 5 weeks ago for my GGF but I'm very impatient. Census records show he was still not a citizen in 1930 so I'm ok considering my grandfather was born in 1924 in the US. However, I've seen on many census records a persons Immigration number or Naturalization number ...
by Destin2BeItaliano
18 Jan 2009, 10:25
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE
Replies: 10
Views: 8382

Re: A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE

Just a thought, but if you're unable to get the registar to provide a letter that its a true copy of the original it may be worth trying to have a notary go with you to pick up the document they are providing and allow them to write a letter and notarize it and the document that they witnessed the ...